Help troubleshooting gimbal motor overload - I've tried everything

Reaction score
I need some help troubleshooting, because I have run out of things to try.

I bought a used P3 pro off eBay and it was advertised as great condition and it arrived in great condition, so let's ignore that detail for now.

I tried to start up the drone and it starts up fine, except the gimbal goes crazy pitching and rolling. App says that gimbal motor is overloaded however it does show a picture but of poor quality.

So here's what I've done:

The coverings and clamps are off, camera is not obstructed. I tried to calibrate gimbal but that fails. I calibrated compass and IMU. I deleted app, re-downloaded, and restarted iPad.

I tried to install most current firmware on drone and updated the controller firmware. Drone was already updated.

I formatted SD card.

I disconnected gimbal cables and plugged back in.

Online, I saw stuff about the roll shaft not being aligned with a screw. I checked for that and unscrewed and screwed it back in. The shaft was always aligned and still is.

At this point, I have no idea wtf is wrong with this thing. There isn't any indication that this drone was crashed and seller claims it never crashed.

If it's a software problem, why would it randomly glitch like that if it's in a new location?

I also took a video of the the gimbal, and when you watch the video it has this pulsating sound which sounds like electrical interference. But then I realized that it could be the ultrasonic positioning system... not sure if that has anything to do with the gimbal acting this way. Here are the videos:Dropbox - Drone

Please help! I don't want to send to DJI and I'd hate to return it. Seller has been very communicative and responsive so I don't think he's trying swindle me here. I just want to fly this thing!

I used to own a P1 so I am not a complete noob.

Thanks in advance.

Unplug and replug each wire harness connection from under the upper gimbal mount plate and back of VPS. Try pressing on flat cable connection points on gimbal to see if it reacts to it.

So you are also saying that none of the firmwares were updated when you attempted that process? Did you check what firmware was in each device before hand?

I'll stop here for now....

Edit: Btw, there is nothing under the covers that will help this situation.

Unplug and replug each wire harness connection from under the upper gimbal mount plate and back of VPS. Try pressing on flat cable connection points on gimbal to see if it reacts to it.

So you are also saying that none of the firmwares were updated when you attempted that process? Did you check what firmware was in each device before hand?

I'll stop here for now....

Edit: Btw, there is nothing under the covers that will help this situation.

I unplugged and replugged the two gray wiring harnesses comprised of several wires and a white clip. Is the flat cable connection the thin black wiring that goes from gimbal and into camera? Could you post which cables you're specifically referring to?

Regarding the firmware, I apologize for the confusion, but that drone was already updated with the most current firmware. Seller told me so, and when I tried to update the firmware via SD card, I found a .txt file that stated the drone was already updated after the update attempt was made.

Now, the controller needed to be updated and I do not know the firmware that it had before I updated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic