Help! Range is terrible and flicks from full to no signal

Reaction score
Hi all,

Recently updated my Phantom 3 S to firmware 1.7.90 and i when to fly, and i can only get about 100 - 150 meters before the control signal cuts out. there is not much warning, as it drops from full to no bars instantly.
Video feed is flawless.
Before i upgraded i could get 1.2 km stable flight, 1.4 km pushing it.
All stock, only mod was PapaTita's video feed boost mod.

What would be the best firmware to downgrade to?

Here is my flight log link HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

Screenshot_20161129-191920[1].png

May not be the same issue as yours but I recently upgraded to 1.7.9 also and noticed the same as you described full bars and as am flying out bars are steady and then instantly drop to none. I thought was new firmware but when I flew on different device it acted normal not that issue and I noticed the device I was using was a different version of go so I switched other device to the version that device that didn't do that was and problem rectified. I mention this cause I notice your go version is 3.1.0 as was mine with issue switched all back to 3.0.1 and hasn't happened again. It may fix for you or not but it fixed my similar issue

How do u fly in airplane mode with p3s? It needs wifi on to connect.

May not be the same issue as yours but I recently upgraded to 1.7.9 also and noticed the same as you described full bars and as am flying out bars are steady and then instantly drop to none. I thought was new firmware but when I flew on different device it acted normal not that issue and I noticed the device I was using was a different version of go so I switched other device to the version that device that didn't do that was and problem rectified. I mention this cause I notice your go version is 3.1.0 as was mine with issue switched all back to 3.0.1 and hasn't happened again. It may fix for you or not but it fixed my similar issue

Yea just tried using a different Android device and also an ios device to no success :( still loses signal about 100m out

So It may be a "need to roleback firmware" issue for you then?

I can not rollback further than 1.6.8. I have tried Lichi, Dji go (different versions), dji go on ios, and rolling back the firmware (as far as it will let me)
Nothing has worked. Maybe an issue with the remote?

The bird was purchased in April this year. Should i take it back? If i take it back, it will be the second time since purchase that i have taken it back for a warranty claim.

I am pretty disappointed, as i am meant to be going away on holiday soon, and would have loved to get some photos with it :(

hi. i've the same problem with all configuration with argtek with ipad, android, residential or completly free area but the rc signal is very unstable. finally i decide to drill my p3s with 2 cleverleaf antenna in substitution of stock dipole. in the afternoon if the wheather goes better i'll make some test.
i'm no looking for miles...but only for a fixed and stable signal in a 150mt range. i think i'm not looking for a dream but only for a usefull bird.20161128_164724.jpg 20161128_164731.jpg 20161128_174724.jpg

i read some information about cleverleaf orientation. i put the antennas in the lower bird side to take a maximum distance from internal wifi antenna.
bye

so did anyone find a way to go down two steps from 1.7.9 to 1.5.7 ?

Nope, does not seem to be possible. Ended up sending my p3s back to get a repair under warranty (on the 2nd of December) . Has arrived back to the store today (28 dec) for me to pick up

I ended up buying a p3p, since o was going away from the 28, and i must say it is realy worth the upgrade. Awesome range, both video and control, and the remote is real nice too

Sent from my HTC One M9 using PhantomPilots mobile app

well if I manage to get my money back from the original owner, I may invest a couple hundred more to get p3p...

well if I manage to get my money back from the original owner, I may invest a couple hundred more to get p3p...
Yes, is definitely worth it. If you don't need 4k, you could just get the Advanced model. I only got the pro, because it was on sale for the same price as the Advanced!

Sent from my HTC One M9 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic