HELP...Phantom 4 Pro Aftercrash Camera/Sensor Errors

DaShu

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
I have read through 3 pages of threads and have already replaced the parts they had recommended...except for any of the boards as they get pricey fast....

So I had a disconnect issue with my P4P, honestly think it was attacked by a bird, while doing a range test with some range extenders I bought. After locating the drone, 3 broken propellers, severely bent gimbal arm, 1 landing gear broken completely the other cracked. It fell from about 200 feet and landed in a cleared field. Managed to crack the gimbal arm trying to straighten it. Ordered OEM landing gear, gimbal arm, camera ribbon cable, ultrasonic & downward sensor assembly and installed all parts.
-The gimbal appears to have full function on start up, calibrates, and has normal function.
-I have no camera picture at all.
-Front sensors calibrated fine however I can't get past the downward sensors as it appears I have lost the right side?

ERRORS:
-Camera Sensor Error (Hardware Malfunction)
-Forward Left Vision Sensor Error
-Forward Right Vision Sensor Error
-Downward Left Vision Sensor Error
-Downward Right Vision Sensor Error
-Backward Left Vision Sensor Error
-Backward Right Vision Sensor Error
-Vision System Error

The unit does fly, Compass, ESC, IMU, and Vision Sensors, Gimbal Status, statuses are showing Normal in the DJI GO4 app . I have triple checked all the different ribbon connections and all are seated and locked in place.

Thanks,
Rob

Last edited:
Is the SD card still installed from the crash? If so remove or replace. Looking for easy stuff, first.

Is the SD card still installed from the crash? If so remove or replace. Looking for easy stuff, first.
Thanks for the reply Captain....no the SD card had been removed after the parts had been installed. I just put one in this morning after doing some more online researching last night at work....still no image

Same device, same usb cable? You've probably tried changing all this already.

OEM ribbon cable? 3rd party rarely work.
Personal experience!

Last edited:
Reactions: dronesky
Thanks for the reply Captain....no the SD card had been removed after the parts had been installed. I just put one in this morning after doing some more online researching last night at work....still no image

How long was it before you got the the crash site? Was the drone still turned on? Was the ribbon cable torn? These questions help in determining whether the camera overheated laying in a compromised position. Overheating can damage the circuit boards in the camera module & the upper main board set.

Sorry for the delayed response....
Replaced the card...replaced the gimbal ribbon cable again, this time with a DJI OEM cable...still not picture and still the same errors???

How long was it before you got the the crash site? Was the drone still turned on? Was the ribbon cable torn? These questions help in determining whether the camera overheated laying in a compromised position. Overheating can damage the circuit boards in the camera module & the upper main board set.
The battery came out on impact so I dont think burn out is an issue. Replaced to date: landing gear; gimbal arm, gimbal ribbon cable twice(1st one was 3rd party, 2nd one was DJI OEM); downward sensors. I purchased left and right sensors but haven't installed them yet...kinda thinking it might be a board issue just not sure where to go from here?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20