HELP!! NO WIFI SIGNAL FROM P3 4K

Reaction score
with the p3 4k powered on, even after 5mins it doesnt come up on the list of wifi networks. iv tryd it on 2 difrent phones. both phones show and connect to home wifi perfectly fine. the drone isnt putting out a signal. any ideas? and no, when i turn on the controller the light stays red. the lite on drone camera and link button are only red too. so the drone and rc do not link either obviously. please help.
maybe drone needs firmware update but nothing for p3 4k at dji website. and it says update drones using th device connected to it.....i cant do that.

with the p3 4k powered on, even after 5mins it doesnt come up on the list of wifi networks. iv tryd it on 2 difrent phones. both phones show and connect to home wifi perfectly fine. the drone isnt putting out a signal. any ideas?
Do you know that the WiFi SSID you connect your device (phone or tablet) to comes from your RC (controller) and not from the AC (drone)? Which model RC are you using?

when i turn on the controller the light stays red. the lite on drone camera and link button are only red too. so the drone and rc do not link either obviously. please help.
Sounds like you need to do a routine linking process.

maybe drone needs firmware update but nothing for p3 4k at dji website. and it says update drones using th device connected to it.....i cant do that.
I suggest that you don't introduce any troubleshooting variables for now.

Last edited:
with the p3 4k powered on, even after 5mins it doesnt come up on the list of wifi networks. iv tryd it on 2 difrent phones. both phones show and connect to home wifi perfectly fine. the drone isnt putting out a signal. any ideas? and no, when i turn on the controller the light stays red. the lite on drone camera and link button are only red too. so the drone and rc do not link either obviously. please help.
Does the word phantom come up in wifi list,you might need to add it yourself and enter default password to conect,,it might come up if you can get it to link though ,what happens under rc linking ? Does it just time out,,is your link button working,can you feel the clicking of it,,try hold in for good 5 seconds, dont worry about firmware till you link it up,that can wait,,

Reactions: Capt KO
iv done this--> turnd on rc, opend dji go app, selected p3 se and 2nd time p3s (no p3 4k on list), tapped th camera button (which WAS NOT lit up), in th app i clickd th top "NOT CONNECTED" and navigated to th "Link RC" area, turnd on drone, waited few mins (all lites that shuld be green are red=not connected and not linked) i tapped link rc button in app and within 5secs i pushed th link button on bottom of drone. that button only keeps blinking red, was solid red b4 i pushed it. th app screen nevr changes. it jus says link now. then nothing. iv tryd sevral combinations of this process. th drone powers up, gimbal jumps around, then it only flashes th yellow lites and 2 red on th ac arms. hope this helps...and thank u for taking th time to help me. i wuld offer help to something i knew tho and probly wil in th futur.
God Bless you and urs for ur patience and assistance.

i am now wondering, is the link button on p3 4k underneath th drone on th arm, or is it supposed to be inside th vps housing??

I dont have my p34k no more but I can remember it didn't come up on list unless it was conected to my wifi,that happen and camera went blue to conect,,
Have you tryed a wifi reset with rc..I see if I can find it

Try this linking process first..this is linking with the app
20200312_143341.jpg

i tryd--> wth rc on, pushed in and held th 2 buttons on bak of rc while flipped th switch on th left sevral times....no change.
(shuld th ac be on during this? and aftr flipping switch i then pushed link button on bottom of drone and that button startd blinking red and but nothing else changes. no green lites. shuldnt resettng th controller make it com up in wifi network list on my phone?

th wheel doesnt stop wen i turn it either way. that process isnt for th dual antenna controller for th p3 4k. is it?? it dont work.

ok thank u, but it didnt do anything. aftr i tap linking rc in th dji app a bóx pops up that says "ok" to continue, and tapping th ok does nothing. im gonna open it up and hav a look on th inside. its been opened b4..or they sur tryd. but if thers anything else i can try please let me know. il take pics wen i open it.

ok, thats a p3s in that pic. mine is th p3 4k...same thing??
Yes. The P34k link button is as shown in the @ianzone photo.

i pushed th link button on bottom of drone. that button only keeps blinking red, was solid red b4 i pushed it.
What button did you press when you posted this a few days ago? It sounds like it worked and there was a physical button present when you pressed it. I mention this due to known issues of the link buttons falling off internally.

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic