HELP NEEDED PLEASE p3. See logs and Youtube vid. Lost drone Lancs / UK

Reaction score
Hi All.
Any help offered would be really appreciated.
Trying to relocate my new lost p3.
Below are the 2 data logs and youtube footage of the 2 combined flights right up until it went awol.
I know its full of rooky errors but it was only my 3rd flight. I noticed beginner mode last night :( : ( :(
BEERS FOR ANY HELP!

Full video footage until lost 0 - 4min13

1st flight data log upto 1min33.
NOTE: flight matches video and data log perfectly.
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

2nd flight data log up to 4min19.
NOTE: youtube ended 4min12 /4min13 not4min19.
NOTE: data log shows never left field. Zoom out and video confirms left field, past tennis courts and headed towards large field. (searched a lot!)
NOTE: data log could not be viewed until Sunday pm due to map issue. (chinese winking face?)
DJI Flight Log Viewer - PhantomHelp.com

May have lost GPS, low satellite count and drifted away. I had that happen twice without much experience flying in atti mode.

Hello @Dale7601 and welcome to the Phantom Pilots forum. We are glad to have you on board. I'm confident you'll find lots of helpful and enlightening information throughout this forum.

If you haven't already done so, consider adding your LOCATION to your forum profile to help us know where you are when you post suggestions or ask for assistance. It helps a lot more than you might think especially because this is an international forum with members are from all parts of the world. Here's a direct link to yours:

https://phantompilots.com/account/personal-details

Safe Flights!
Allen

May have lost GPS, low satellite count and drifted away. I had that happen twice without much experience flying in atti mode.

It reported 9 satellites throughout, but what is odd is that while it recorded GPS locations throughout the flight, those locations were clearly incorrect.

Reactions: Dale7601
I noticed the uneven level video. After your tip over you should have shut off and placed on level surface. The drone had to look like it was flying off. I thought you were in attitude mode. Clearly you were not. Calibration is key with these drones. Sometimes the compass can get mixed up as well as the imu.

As daft as it sounds. I correlated most of the inputs from the log to the time frames in the vid. Not far out. Just wish i had the extra 10secs of video and the map would sort itself out. I recon id find it then...
Didn't even have the maps until last night... (chinese winking face indtead)

I noticed the uneven level video. After your tip over you should have shut off and placed on level surface. The drone had to look like it was flying off. I thought you were in attitude mode. Clearly you were not. Calibration is key with these drones. Sometimes the compass can get mixed up as well as the imu.

It was in ATTI mode for most of the flight.

Anyone ever contacted the app folk for help? Any good or a waste of time.
Thinking I stand half a chance if the map an be made right... (to be a true record like the first flight)

Anyone ever contacted the app folk for help? Any good or a waste of time.
Thinking I stand half a chance if the map an be made right... (to be a true record like the first flight)

I don't think the app was the problem. The aircraft went into ATTI mode due to magnetic interference - that accounts for the drifting. The incorrect position reporting is strange, and suggests a problem with the GPS module, but what, exactly, I have no idea.

Reactions: PhantomHero
It's almost certainly in a tree on t'other side o't'cut! Get out quick lest someone else finds it. Hope it comes home,,if it does, fit a locator. Was all the spinning deliberate input or was it misbehaving? Hope it didn't go on the road and get roadkilled.

It's almost certainly in a tree on t'other side o't'cut! Get out quick lest someone else finds it. Hope it comes home,,if it does, fit a locator. Was all the spinning deliberate input or was it misbehaving? Hope it didn't go on the road and get roadkilled.

Been a week now. :(
Spins were me trying to regain control...
Spent two days looking for it. Plotted using long and lat coordinates but they show never left the footy pitch so they were pants. Had a full charge so could have got upto 8km away. So could have hit local nuclear power station. Military base. A choice of motorways. Some posh houses or it could be in the tree that I checked 300 times.... Guess it's gone.
Put signs up and it's on YouTube Facebook ebay gumtree etc offering a reward. .
Hope it was picked up as snowed all week.

Sorry to hear about this situation. Have you checked along both banks of the canal?....the last 20 seconds or so of the vid show it swinging to and fro around the canal area...Some of the log data seems so irrational and erratic that I hope it just gave up the ghost and didn't fly off much further (e.g. from 13 to 123 mph in a split second)...that said however, looking from 4m 15.4s onwards, the altitude is constantly decreasing so fingers crossed that data is more reliable (?) and it has just come down in the vicinity..keep us informed would you. Good luck

I do note, however, close proximity to a 25kV AC railway line. Maybe it was EMI, did a train pass while you were up? There could be all sorts of interference as there would be heavy thyristor activity and multi frequency currents and earth returns and leakages. I can fly mine (to date, anyway) about a 1/4 mile from similar and all has been well as yet. I you get another, buy a locator. most scrotes wouldn't take any notice of return info on it and would try and flog it for pot money or such. Hope it has come home not too worse for wear.

cheers for info folk. no luck as yet.....
in playing with the data plots,resolved the 120+speed thing. simply the coordinates ending in a zero resulting in warp speed. (who would have thought that the excel sheet used to collate this data could be so easily thrown out....) oh well.

have it listed all other the local net so might get lucky....
thought I might just list the charger and controller and see if anyone clicks buy now then visit their add with a large bat!

dji are being really helpful so will see. really nice once confirmed Id only just purchased it.. fingers crossed.

one thing is for sure. next one = gps sim added. a rope added.beginner mode = on. in fact, i might just buy a rc car, :)

I’m not a fan of flying in atti mode. At least not out of line of site. Especially at the beginner level. I also don’t think you need to use beginner mode as these birds are “usually” stable. Seems that you encountered a cross wind in atti mode and combined with the small crash it just didn’t know where to return home. Hope DJI determines getting you a new bird. And don’t give up on AC it’s probably closer to you than you looked. I’m guessing it just may have tried to RTH in those last 10 sec that are missing from the video.
Best of luck!
If you do decide to sell let me know

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor