Lost total control of the AC. What happened here?

I wholeheartedly agree with your assessment of this being a default response. I suspect they didn’t tell him to update the firmware only because he’s running the latest.

In my case, no way in H E double hockey sticks it was interference. I flew 3 miles out and was on the way back at pretty close to the max distance when the problem started - and continued all the way back and was persistent as I stared up at it 10+ ft above my head.

I’ll let you know my firmware when I get a chance to fire up the bird. But this may tell you all you need to know:

The RC must be the latest. I don’t think I get any warnings to update that.

I deliberately downgraded the AC to the version that “everyone likes.” I think it’s the .509 version. It’s the last one you can modify parameters such as RTH speed and such.

Edit: I researched. It must be V01.03.0509.

GO4 is the latest. But unrelated. Because this is a problem between the RC anc AC. So it could be RC firmware. I don’t know the version but I’ve not upgraded it recently (or at all. I bought it a couple months ago). And I don’t think it’s asking me to upgrade.

Besides, they didn’t tell you “oh that’s a bug in the x.y.z version of the RC firmware.” It tells me what I suspect. They haven’t heard of this or don’t know the answer.

Another edit: I just flew it again. No distance. Just a close in flight. No problems.

Here is what I am thinking, Were you using the Perfect landing option by chance ?
Is it possible that it took a picture of the rocks surrounding and used that as it guide back, that may explain the original error
the warning that it was an unsafe area to land

Here is what I am thinking, Were you using the Perfect landing option by chance ?
Is it possible that it took a picture of the rocks surrounding and used that as it guide back, that may explain the original error
the warning that it was an unsafe area to land
Please read my entire original post. I put in considerable effort to make it detailed and complete.

Yes I was using that landing mode. Yes that’s why it hovered and refused to land. I knew that in real time as I stood there waiting to catch it. But what on earth does that have to do with command timeouts that started very very far away from the home point? I’m really sorry if I’m being short here but this would be the second time in a couple days that you’ve been called on one of these “drive by” responses that only confuse the issues and result from no understanding of the problem as stated. I dare say you are giving phantom wetsuits a bad name.

Reactions: With The Birds
BSARTIST -- I do want to apologize as I thought you had wrote this in your very first line;

Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 12.33.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-06-05 at 12.33.32 AM.png

So this is where I started to HELP YOU : I had one question sir before I would even consider reading the rest of it, the bible, the thesis , the details, the vlog your oh so detailed report before I would go any further.

Dare I say at this time 1,776 people viewed this thread thinking you lost total control of your drone, they read some of the lines and past you by.

16 people decided to post and idea for you. How amazing is that ?

6 of them you thanked but others you got angry with and they faded off..

Your favorite line that you used on many of them was AS MY ORIGINAL POST STATED and than got angry with them for helping you.

Despite your anger , I started with the first TOPIC . You get that right ? I posted it above.

I was number 17 To take on. this Puzzle. There are no rules to taking on a puzzle , NONE: I started at the top Line , You SIR crucified me for that.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND I IS - I would have thanked everyone of them. I would not have gotten angry with any of them, I would not have been short with them,

So you decided to angry me not because I tried to help with a DRIVE BY , I like the term by the way DRIVE BY , but because you wanted to for awhile.

One thing i know about you BSARTIST you are not a liar, so just accept that you wanted to Nail me , and congratulations and Well done.

I certainly Deserved it.

Phantomrain.org
Approved vendor

BSARTIST -- I do want to apologize as I thought you had wrote this in your very first line;

View attachment 99739 View attachment 99739

So this is where I started to HELP YOU : I had one question sir before I would even consider reading the rest of it, the bible, the thesis , the details, the vlog your oh so detailed report before I would go any further.

Dare I say at this time 1,776 people viewed this thread thinking you lost total control of your drone, they read some of the lines and past you by.

16 people decided to post and idea for you. How amazing is that ?

6 of them you thanked but others you got angry with and they faded off..

Your favorite line that you used on many of them was AS MY ORIGINAL POST STATED and than got angry with them for helping you.

Despite your anger , I started with the first TOPIC . You get that right ? I posted it above.

I was number 17 To take on. this Puzzle. There are no rules to taking on a puzzle , NONE: I started at the top Line , You SIR crucified me for that.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOU AND I IS - I would have thanked everyone of them. I would not have gotten angry with any of them, I would not have been short with them,

So you decided to angry me not because I tried to help with a DRIVE BY , I like the term by the way DRIVE BY , but because you wanted to for awhile.

One thing i know about you BSARTIST you are not a liar, so just accept that you wanted to Nail me , and congratulations and Well done.

I certainly Deserved it.

Phantomrain.org
Approved vendor

A lot of noise. None of it refutes the fact that you made no effort to understand MY stated issue and offer a RELEVANT theory. Isn’t that why we post here? Peace bro. I hope you sell more wetsuits. I’m sure you offer a valued service. But recently, offering forensic advice isn’t one of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: With The Birds

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl