HD Live View not working (Phantom 3)

Reaction score
Wonder if anyone has a solution to a problem I am having with a newly purchased P3.

My screen does not display video from the drone camera. The camera does work, I can record video and take pictures to be viewed on my computer from the SD card.

Whether I use an iPad or iPhone, the Go app does not display the HD Live video, I have a red "No Connection" message at the top of the app however signal strength for the controller and HD are both strong. No problems controlling the aircraft.

I have updated the firmware for the aircraft and controller and have the latest version of the app.

What can I do to activate the HD Live video. It worked briefly when I first activated the drone but stopped working when I did the controller firmware update.

This is a new drone, I have been trying to overcome the issue since I received it a few days ago.

Similar issue but with an android tab. Sometimes works, sometimes not. What I found that work most of time is to have first my tab not connected to the RC.
- Power up the RC.
- Power up the phantom.
- Wait they establish the link and bird ready.
- Connect the tab.
- Launch the GO app.
- Connect to the phantom.
Usually I get it working this way but it is only a workaround.

Reactions: cornishchris
I am having the same problem. Suggested solutions listed above haven't worked. Does anyone know what the issue is? More importantly, how can I resolve it?

There seems to be a large increase in this type of incident in the last few days. There are numerous threads on another forum with people reporting this problem.

I have had my P3S for a week and just experienced this problem yesterday. I was able to regain the camera feed by quitting the app and restarting everything, but it actually took a couple of attempts before I regained a picture.

Mine has never worked, I have been going back and forth with DJI Support via email but they still have not given me a solution that works, I will update here if we solve the problem.

I had same issue yesterday, stumbled on fix, but not sure this is the same as others are having. My screen was black, noticed that on the right side of screen in camera settings that both photo and video icons were highlighted. That didn't seem right so started clicking on the setting buttons for camera. Clicked on video icon and Walla! The camera view came on. This was the first time this happened. As I said, I stumbled on to my fix, hope it might work for you folks.

DJI telling me to return it for repair, 8 week turnaround. Makes more sense to return it for refund and buy a new one so will try that option.

Same problem... No signal. P3A. Out of service over
No one has been able to tell me what is wrong with mine, sent it back. Was told to reconnect to remote, change USB to remote cable, update firmware, reinstall app, check connection between gimbal and aircraft ... nothing worked

Similar issue but with an android tab. Sometimes works, sometimes not. What I found that work most of time is to have first my tab not connected to the RC.
- Power up the RC.
- Power up the phantom.
- Wait they establish the link and bird ready.
- Connect the tab.
- Launch the GO app.
- Connect to the phantom.
Usually I get it working this way but it is only a workaround.
I got the same prob : I will try yur solution

That was with 1.3.2, with 1.4.0 I get much less problem. If I have, I try to disconnect the USB cable, go back to home in the app (where you see pics of the drones), reconnect the USB cable and usually the button "ENTER CAMERA VIEW" turn from grey to blue and then all goes fine. If the button is grey, that don't mean anything good and usually the connection is not established with the RC. When it is blue almost all time the connection is good.

Anyone solve this? I have all the latest updates. The P3P was working when I started it this morning to check for updates. None needed so I shut it back down, headed out, and set up to fly.

When it started the second time, it had no video. It also said "No Signal" in RED. Radio signals are strong, and I can control the craft and gimbal.

Tried recording on the camera, and that worked also, but no live feed.

Rebooted everything and waited for controller and P3 to connect first and nothing. Tried different cables and different devices (iPhone rather than Nexus). Nothing. Deleted and reinstalled app. Nothing. Many different variations of restart, but no live video.

Anybody able to solve this?

I have an email in to DJI, but would like to fly it today.

I've had it happen a few times. The first time it was working fine in the house and then went outside to fly and got the no connection notice. Tried rebooting everything, even the Note 4 phone/monitor. Nothing. Next day...It worked fine and I did nothing.

Second time, I figured the problem may be DJI but it was causing the phone/monitor problem. So I turned on airplane mode, turned off Wi-Fi, THEN SHUT DOWN the phone. Waited a few...restarted phone, turned on controller (which auto-started the DJI app, turned on P3P, and finally it worked.

Third time, did same thing as second time and it worked. Since that time, after the app connects to P3P I've tried turning airplane mode off and turned on Wi-Fi and had no problems even at distance. I can't help but wonder if there is some other app that is coming on that may be causing this problem and turning the phone off and letting it "rest" seems to fix it. But then again, sometimes I don't do anything except the start sequence and it works fine. Sort of an intermittent "bug" that DJI isn't able to duplicate.

It reminds me of the old tube type TVs that you had to whop the side of it to get it to work so on the next flight I'm going to take my rubber mallet out with me and try that if it happens again. Three whops...one for each device.

I've had it happen a few times. The first time it was working fine in the house and then went outside to fly and got the no connection notice. Tried rebooting everything, even the Note 4 phone/monitor. Nothing. Next day...It worked fine and I did nothing.

Second time, I figured the problem may be DJI but it was causing the phone/monitor problem. So I turned on airplane mode, turned off Wi-Fi, THEN SHUT DOWN the phone. Waited a few...restarted phone, turned on controller (which auto-started the DJI app, turned on P3P, and finally it worked.

Third time, did same thing as second time and it worked. Since that time, after the app connects to P3P I've tried turning airplane mode off and turned on Wi-Fi and had no problems even at distance. I can't help but wonder if there is some other app that is coming on that may be causing this problem and turning the phone off and letting it "rest" seems to fix it. But then again, sometimes I don't do anything except the start sequence and it works fine. Sort of an intermittent "bug" that DJI isn't able to duplicate.

It reminds me of the old tube type TVs that you had to whop the side of it to get it to work so on the next flight I'm going to take my rubber mallet out with me and try that if it happens again. Three whops...one for each device.
My problem is that since it happened, I haven't been able to make it work at all, and I have tried every start sequence, shutdown, cable swap, comms off and on, tablet swap posted, and everything else I could think of including reinstalling the app on different devices. Many things tried several times.

The controller is clearly connected to the P3. I am getting data to and from the app, can start the unit, start/stop recording, can tilt the gimbal/camera etc. just no picture. And the constant "No Signal" in a red box (not to be confused with "Disconnected" in a grey box) which you get when it really isn't connected.

Even tried "rebinding" the controller. I have literally tried every last thing I have read, and most of them twice.

Still no video. Spent all day trying to fix it rather than flying.. Wahhhh...

Any help is much appreciated...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31