HAWK attack

Reaction score
2 weeks ago had a hawk take my drone out at 300 feet up. Thank goodness for DJI refresh plan.

2 weeks ago had a hawk take my drone out at 300 feet up.
The best way to handle that is if you see the hawk flying in is to full throttle up. Once above the hawk, get the heck out of his way.

I never seen him coming till after fact. Broke two props in the air and got the gimble and one landing gear. I guess it could have been worse by not being able to find the drone. Only had it 6 months and looking forward to summer.

I never seen him coming till after fact.
This is why you always use visual. The display device is for reference and photo's. Be aware of your surroundings at all times. Another reason I completely stay away from Goggles or anything that effects the naked eye visual.

Reactions: MTChristy
I have used that technique for quite some time now. Works every time.
That must be a lot of fun. We would really like to see one of these escapes. I'm sure you have filmed it if this regularly happen.
What is the hawks usual strategy at attacking a drone. Is it like flying around several times, or attacking straight from above, or upward, etc.?

That must be a lot of fun. We would really like to see one of these escapes. I'm sure you have filmed it if this regularly happen.
What is the hawks usual strategy at attacking a drone. Is it like flying around several times, or attacking straight from above, or upward, etc.?
Hawks attack from above by diving at high speed. That's why maximum climb is the best escape for a drone.

Reactions: teelions and GMJ
What do you think about this?
20190420_160556.jpg

The best way to handle that is if you see the hawk flying in is to full throttle up. Once above the hawk, get the heck out of his way.
Great advise Fly Dawg!! I've never been attacked but do almost always have visual contact; so when I see birds in the area that could be threatening in any way I get away as fast as I can. But the accelerate up is nice to know.

Hawks attack from above by diving at high speed. That's why maximum climb is the best escape for a drone.
Correct. They literally drop out of the sky with wings tucked but then cannot suddenly change course and go up. They have to circle around and get above again. This is when you skedaddle!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers