Having to much fun with my P2V+

I was looking that his dipole set. does Tony just sell the antenna. The setup I was looking at was a set with cables. I don't need them just the two dipole's
Shoot him an e-mail tell him your situation he'll prob cut you a deal

T
That's a good start, the absolute best combination on the P2V+ for 2.4 Wi-Fi is Tony's dipoles and a DBS panel, nothing beats it boosted or unboosted
That's what I have on my Standard and works good .Took er out today .Have my 5.8's where I can spread em out to go long or just leave em in for short . We had blue sky's today and just had to get out . My other will be back Tuesday .

ie.jpg I had him make mine the way you see them .

T

That's what I have on my Standard and works good .Took er out today .Have my 5.8's where I can spread em out to go long or just leave em in for short . We had blue sky's today and just had to get out . My other will be back Tuesday .

View attachment 56543 I had him make mine the way you see them .
Surprised you pointed them straight down Dirk its been proven they dont get great reception unless the face straight out w/ the arms facing top to bottom like your other two

Surprised you pointed them straight down Dirk its been proven they dont get great reception unless the face straight out w/ the arms facing top to bottom like your other two
Tried everyway I could db and that's where I got my best . Went through 2 sets of em being made differently and that's just what worked for me here .

Reactions: dirtybum
If ya go way back we talked about dipoles when the itelite first came out and tried one on my Vision . Tony didn't make these then and I never had any luck and I tried everything I could till I gave up and just went back to the stage 3 on it .
He started making these so I jumped on testing them and Tony didn't think it would work but it did the way they are now .
You are right though the 2 can't be beat .

T

View attachment 56543 I had him make mine the way you see them .
I thought Tony said to have the antenna at an angle not parallel with bottom landing gear.

I thought Tony said to have the antenna at an angle not parallel with bottom landing gear.
The main stem of the dipoles pointing straight out from the bird with the arms pointing north and south or top to bottom of the bird with it being no more than 30% deviation from north to south is what Tony stated publicly and privately to me, and what I found in my own testing to be ideal for extreme range

Reactions: phxbird57
But Dirk has found what works for him, and that's exactly what testing is all about

The main stem of the dipoles pointing straight out from the bird with the arms pointing north and south or top to bottom of the bird with it being no more than 30% deviation from north to south is what Tony stated publicly and privately to me, and what I found in my own testing to be ideal for extreme range
Ok I seen a picture with the main stem bent down and the two arms running parallel with the landing gear. I thought Tony that would work if you were overhead but should be at a slight angle.

Sorry phx , had to do a deed .
Tony told me It wasn't right .Might not be but this was the best I got and just quit testing .
At 70% I hit RTH
3.04 miles.PNG Now what you see on mine now is longer than what he has now on the 2.4's .
Ordered a set and they came in short .He has since changed the picture on his site . I just sent him the short ones back .
Was gonna redo my Vision with them but just decided not to .

Reactions: phxbird57
Sorry phx , had to do a deed .
Tony told me It wasn't right .Might not be but this was the best I got and just quit testing .
At 70% I hit RTH
View attachment 56611 Now what you see on mine now is longer than what he has now on the 2.4's .
Ordered a set and they came in short .He has since changed the picture on his site . I just sent him the short ones back .
Was gonna redo my Vision with them but just decided not to .
Dirk I was just out trying the antenna's I put on my Wifi side, I pulled the pucks out and run a new cable tapped two holes in the landing gears. then put two d-link (maybe 4db) antenna's on. yesterday bone stock i was able with out pushing it 1800 ft. today with the new antenna's i was able to get 4800 ft and that was with a wind surf on the tx antenna. I had full video all the way at 4800 I lost controller signal. which I was only at 65 high and I did not push it. By meaning push it. When I lost the signal and it kicked in to RTH. I did not try and over ride it in Att mode.
On any another note I found I broke my cable on the RC. most of twisted it like the others had done. So I went to my backup RC all stock but the wind surfer.

Reactions: dirkclod
Looks like you got something going buddy and that's great . Sucks about your TX but that you can fix .
I don't fly blind ether . Makes me nervous .
Don't know how those antennas would match up with a panel . I never did find any I was happy with till these dipoles from Tony .
You know when I was starting out with my Vision the first thing I did I got from Mal and that was the 700 extender then
I would slip in plus mods and see what they were using then slip out and try it . Kinda funny now I think about it .
All of that I carried over to the Standard .Was getting ready to get an Adv and saw the banner go up here about them and saw they were 2.4 & 5.8 and had to have one to try this stuff on , Got one for a good price too...599.00 then :rolleyes: lol

I was going back & forth about replacing the P2v+ and seen that P3s for 375 online and really made me think.
I came across this for 300 so I jumped on it. it had 3 batteries I now find one is junk. but it was talking Db that will be my start for a Battery mod, use the circuit board from that junk battery.
I know that you mean about not flying blind. I had a p2v+ with out camera & gimbal and was flying it out about 1/2 mile. It was a white dot. but with telemetry I could see it.
Oh do you use Litchi at all I've been using it with my other, Which the other P2v+ the gimbal did not work so I had it hot glued in place. But with this one I see I can't move the tilt with the Litchi app? I've looked and my RC does not have a leveler or roller.

Never have used any apps other that the Vision or go app . They have all I use .
Hot glued that sucker huh :)
It worked. I thought I could get the gimbal to work by just replacing the black cable and it did not work but I did get the camera working. I did have eyes in the sky.

Just to be clear, I don't know anything about using the circuitboard from the junk battery.I thought you was talking about tying red and black wires in to the main board inside the aircraft!

Once a battery goes junk I have not found a use for it

ok I was thinking you used the circuit board on the battery so that the drone thinks your using a smart battery. and then you can turn them stop or on with the switch.

ok I was thinking you used the circuit board on the battery so that the drone thinks your using a smart battery. and then you can turn them stop or on with the switch.
so your just hard wiring it in to the power plug just before where it plugs into the drone from the battery.
There is a mod where you can use the circuitboard and bypass the main battery altogether and just use externals on the outside or stuff them into battery well! But I've never done that, when you look inside the battery socket and you see the big red and black cables, where they solder into the main control board you can solder some extension wires to that and run them out the leg holes with XT 60 connectors on it and used to externals strapped to the sides along with the main battery for extra time(The mod you're talking about is called unlocking the main battery, which basically means not using the main battery and only use an external's with the main battery circuitboard.) if that's what you want to do you can probably find the information on the web and it's probably not too complicated for somebody handy with a soldering gun

it most work your using it. I did not think it would read the batteries correct that way.
There is a mod where you can use the circuitboard and bypass the main battery altogether and just use externals on the outside or stuff them into battery well! But I've never done that, when you look inside the battery socket and you see the big red and black cables, where they solder into the main control board you can solder some extension wires to that and run them out the leg holes with XT 60 connectors on it and used to externals strapped to the sides along with the main battery for extra time(The mod you're talking about is called unlocking the main battery, which basically means not using the main battery and only use an external's with the main battery circuitboard.) if that's what you want to do you can probably find the information on the web and it's probably not too complicated for somebody handy with a soldering gun
so does the drone report the correct battery info this way you have it setup and when you plug the external batteries the drone has power? No pushing the button to turn it on?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik