Having to much fun with my P2V+

Well it seem like it's been a long time since I've been out. between weather and vacations. I'm going and try tomorrow morning weather permitting. We had been getting some weird weather lately. I've got my CCP's setup and I'll be trying a 23dbi panel on the 5.8 side. with no boost. I see what I'll get with the setup. If the 23dbi panel s not doing it. I'll which over to a 17.5 turn Helical made by Procharged97.

Well lesson learned today:
I was tried different setups today with antenna's and the 23dbi was not getting anywhere later found out my new cable had a bad end one it:mad:. So was trying different setup with Litchi way point. ( little side note to all P2 users, looks like Litchi has left us high and dry. more later). loaded up a mission and started up the drone plugged in the extra battery ( did not notice the MC error) . and launched it. I've had the error before and did not do anything will this time the made battery turned off I did not know this at the time. Mission was to go out 3.1 miles and back. It was looking good made it out to the 3.1 miles turned around was coming back. 1/2 mile into the return it switches over to RTH and then auto land. This being 2.5 miles away. I packed my stuff up and drive to the point ( nice living here to drive to the point). Dirt roads all the way there but maybe 200 yards to walk. As I was driving I'm looking at the area little different allot more bushes and small trees. So now I'm worried of a tip over. I could of not picked a better spot.
IMG_20160924_081259097_HDR[1].jpg

IMG_20160924_081312774[1].jpg

Last edited:
More on about Litchi for P2 vision plus. Litchi had stop supporting it when DJI stopped with the updates and support. But was nice to let us use this version for free. It looks as if Litchi changed servers and have a new address to link in to. The older version does not as far as I can tell. I went online with my laptop made a new mission saved it and tried to bring it up on my tablet it shows my old mission but not the new one. Last time I asked a question to Litchi was a few months ago and I'm still waiting. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this.

That was a perfect hole to land in, i've gotten lucky like that a couple times.
If Litchi is going to stop supporting the P2 you might have to go back to flying the old-fashioned way, (good line of sight and quality antennas)

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: phxbird57
That was a perfect hole to land in, i've gotten lucky like that a couple times.
If Litchi is going to stop supporting the P2 you might have to go back to flying the old-fashioned way, (good line of sight and quality antennas)"

Yes I think your right and I do have flytrex for some data. I did order another cable for my other p2v+ so I can hook up flytrex to it also.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Last edited:
If it had landed in that ray of sunshine to the left it would have been an awesome pic lol, good that it landed safely though.
It would definately be worth asking the Litchi guy if we can host it for the "obsolete" models ourselves somewhere and then have some control/input over it.

Reactions: phxbird57
And shes back! But farked...camera farked..
Wifi module and internals possibly only salvageable components worth any value.

Got a call last week from a lady who found it. She had been away for a week...

Had our baby 4 daya ago so havnt had a chance to grab it off her till now.

Farrrrrrkkkkkkkk shes gone *moment of silence plese*..... it was fkyingm. Thrn heard silence.... didnt crash.... soend hours looking as "fibd my phantom" was on... at one point sid i was right on it... coukdn see it in tree... will bo doubt show up on windy day... has my number on it...it willbbe screwd.. wont be salvageable:(

Having a babyvin 3 weeks so my flyinevdsys were over anyways :(

Attachments

• 20161008_232934.jpg
    20161008_232934.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 353
And shes back! But farked...camera farked..
Wifi module and internals possibly only salvageable components worth any value.

Got a call last week from a lady who found it. She had been away for a week...

Had our baby 4 daya ago so havnt had a chance to grab it off her till now.
Justin glad to hear you got your drone back. Little ruff. New shells on ebay I think are running $60.
DJI Phantom 3 Part 30 Top and Bottom Cover Body Shell and 2pcs Landing Gear J8J3
may need a new ESC board also.
I found a nice crack on my P2v+
IMG_20161011_172354013[1].jpg
I super glued the Heck out of it. and looking at getting a new shell also.
So I was flying my backup P2v+ this morning using a smaller setup on the controller. stock dipole on the RC side and a Cisco panel on the wifi side.( looks like the small Itelite panel).
I'm uploading a video of the flight not to bad 8200ft non boost. I had two problems the pilot moving around (me) and could not see the screen very will and flow to far left out of my signal. I'm going to go back tomorrow and see if I can do better.
I'm looking at this setup for fast & easy flying. Every time I get into a hobby, I end up dragging half my house with me (tripod, stop sign antennas):confused::(.
It's easier than shooting steel targets, the steel targets get very heavy.
I'll post a link later after I get the video on youtube.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
Through great luck and fortune, I've recently acquired a P2V+ which amazingly became available at almost precisely the time my P2V took a fall straight down into a horse farm from 400 feet in the air. A prop apparently spun off in high gusty winds. No, I did not check the props before I launched, so another crash due to pilot error. That makes about a half dozen crashes in 15 months - four of them very serious and should have been catastrophic.

But here I am with a new P2V shell. All that broke was the compass and an ESC. And of course, the shell.

Q: How do you crash an AC from 400 feet in the air straight down into the ground and the gimbal is not damaged at all?

A: You fly a VISION.

Dude - these Visions are built like TANKS.

And I found an extra 700 I bought a year ago that I almost forgot about at the bottom of a box, so I binded it to the plus and velcroed it to my maxxrange. So now I can fly either AC instantly from one controller. Eventually I'll mod that second 700.

I also picked up a new flytrex live 3G on eBay for $50 last week for the plus

Reactions: Procharged97
Through great luck and fortune, I've recently acquired a P2V+ which amazingly became available at almost precisely the time my P2V took a fall straight down into a horse farm from 400 feet in the air. A prop apparently spun off in high gusty winds. No, I did not check the props before I launched, so another crash due to pilot error. That makes about a half dozen crashes in 15 months - four of them very serious and should have been catastrophic.

But here I am with a new P2V shell. All that broke was the compass and an ESC. And of course, the shell.

Q: How do you crash an AC from 400 feet in the air straight down into the ground and the gimbal is not damaged at all?

A: You fly a VISION.

Dude - these Visions are built like TANKS.

And I found an extra 700 I bought a year ago that I almost forgot about at the bottom of a box, so I binded it to the plus and velcroed it to my maxxrange. So now I can fly either AC instantly from one controller. Eventually I'll mod that second 700.

I also picked up a new flytrex live 3G on eBay for $50 last week for the plus

Mark I done know if to say great to hear or so sorry. But it's good to hear your have a P2v+. I love mine. The video is next to the P3's. Little more weight from the gimbal. I'm not sure what different quality wise between the vision and the vision plus on the cameras video. I've never used a P2v.
They can take a beating :cool:

I'm sure the plus is quite a bit sharper and, of course, a zillion times smoother.

Here is a P2V vid from a couple weeks ago - I always fly in FPV gimbal mode though - not sure what it would look like in the default mode... maybe a little smoother...?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers