Having to much fun with my P2V+

Reaction score
I've had my P2V+ for about 2 months. I've clocked up over 100 miles so far. my poor P3a is just setting in my office at home. I've had the P3a since Dec last year, I've been flying little over a year. I would pick up a P2 version that had problems fix it up fly it and then sell it off. I was looking for something more like my P3a but did not want to wear P3a out. Came across the Phantom 2 vision plus and the price was right and it need some work. I mod the range extender first putting on a single dipole on the out side. put a wind surfer on both antennas. Was getting out to 3000 ft. I then put a clover leaf on the control side of drone and than I was able to push it out around a mile. On a few times I was able to get over 6000ft.I have moved the range extender over to the side so I can use the wind surfer and not have them over lap each other. If you had any thing that worked please post it. The max I've been able to get it little over 7000ft.

Willis West 7k

IMG_20160329_212345670.jpg
P2v+.jpg
controller p2.jpg

Change it up and try an itelite panel buddy . When rebuilding my P2V this time put the the stock antenna's back on the bird .
Course I do have the 700 but got this IMG_3207.PNG Now I tried a panel when they first came out and didn't care for the way it mounted on the extender so I have mine here TX.JPG to keep it like my other's, low and close to the TX . I just grinded those ears off and velcro'd it to the back . Works great .
As long as I fly I will have a P2 .

Reactions: J Dot and dirtybum
Change it up and try an itelite panel buddy . When rebuilding my P2V this time put the the stock antenna's back on the bird .
Course I do have the 700 but got this View attachment 53668 Now I tried a panel when they first came out and didn't care for the way it mounted on the extender so I have mine here View attachment 53669 to keep it like my other's, low and close to the TX . I just grinded those ears off and velcro'd it to the back . Works great .
Nice setup is the third switch or knob for the gimbal. I like how you have the range extender tucked up under the controller.

Other switch is a slow yaw switch from J Dot .And just ground off the ears on the back of the extender and Velcro'd it on there .

Reactions: J Dot
Course I do have the 700 but got this View attachment 53668 Now I tried a panel when they first came out and didn't care for the way it mounted on the extender so I have mine here View attachment 53669 to keep it like my other's, low and close to the TX . I just grinded those ears off and velcro'd it to the back . Works great .
I'm using a Itelite panel now and not getting what I was hoping for I did switch back to the stock Dipole antenna for the controller side on the drone. You can see the itelite panel setting on the tripod I was trying out that Cisco 2.4ghz panel for my wifi side. It doing very will I have not lost my telemetry with it out past 5000ft.

8000 was what I was hoping for with the itelite panel. I got out this morning to 5151 with it before I lost control signal. and it hit RTH. I was talking to Dirty Bum , I'm no expert with electrics but I'm thinking the heat we get here may be playing in on my radio signal.

Thats w/ stock egg antennas BigD?
I like that tip bout grindin the ears off then u dont have to flip it upside down[emoji41] tite setup brah!

8000 was what I was hoping for with the itelite panel. I got out this morning to 5151 with it before I lost control signal. and it hit RTH. I was talking to Dirty Bum , I'm no expert with electrics but I'm thinking the heat we get here may be playing in on my radio signal.
We in the 80's here so don't know about the heat . Lots of things can mess ya up .
I have tried a lot of antennas but none that big .Seems you would get more from that .After all the messing with these things I have just settled on the being compact and do get 3 miles out of my standard and 4K . Me going to leave the really long stuff to db .He da man on that !
Starting to think I need a new hobby .Wife does anyway .

Thats w/ stock egg antennas BigD?
I like that tip bout grindin the ears off then u dont have to flip it upside down[emoji41] tite setup brah!
Yes db and thanks :)

We in the 80's here so don't know about the heat . Lots of things can mess ya up .
I have tried a lot of antennas but none that big .Seems you would get more from that .After all the messing with these things I have just settled on the being compact and do get 3 miles out of my standard and 4K . Me going to leave the really long stuff to db .He da man on that !
Starting to think I need a new hobby .Wife does anyway .
That is funny I was talking to Db about other hobbies I was putting small holes in paper

That is funny I was talking to Db about other hobbies I was putting small holes in paper
Was also but kinda let that get away from me . Stopped reloading all the time also . Not enough time .

Reactions: J Dot and dirtybum

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl