Have to relink drone/controller after switching off devices

Reaction score
Hi.

I've looked everywhere on the forum but couldn't find anything on this..

I've just got myself a pre owned PS3 in great condition. The only problem I'm having is that each time I switch the remote or drone off and then on I lose the connection and have to relink (controller and drone). I have not flown it yet as want to make sure it's safe as the plan is to use it on holiday abroad and probably above sea and whilst I'm on slowly moving boats.

Has anyone heard about this and is there a diagnostic or fix? The seller was honest about this and I'm sure it is fixable. He said it was after a fw update. I don't know what version each device is on or what the optimum fw is for a p3s.
I'd welcome any advice.

Thanks

You turn on controller, connect iPad phone etc and choose settings,D.C. Icon and link controller. Once it starts to link there is a button you push on the bird to link. Once linked calibrate the controller and you should be gtg.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

You turn on controller, connect iPad phone etc and choose settings,D.C. Icon and link controller. Once it starts to link there is a button you push on the bird to link. Once linked calibrate the controller and you should be gtg.

Hi

Thanks for this. I can link the Drone but the problem is once you have switched either the rc or drone off, it needs to be paired again. Whilst this might not be a problem, I am worried that if I fly at a distance away or lose connection while flying, I will have no control of the drone. I hope the return to home will be automatically triggered but there is some risk

Did the person you bought it from have the same problem?
If you hadn't flown it yet, I don't think that should make a difference, but :rolleyes:

Here is link with no answer.

Standard - Linking Everytime

Rod

To find out if it's a firmware issue download DJI assistant2 and do a factory reset, make sure to backup anything critical first as if wipes everything.

To find out if it's a firmware issue download DJI assistant2 and do a factory reset, make sure to backup anything critical first as if wipes everything.

"download DJI assistant2" ?

Not on a Standard. ;)

Rod

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic