Hands on experience Phantom 3 - 4K plus Inside the hood Pictures

Would it be possible to share what we are seeing (wirelessly) on our pilot screen on the P3 with another tablet so that they can view without looking over our shoulder?? I think an app like Slingshot might work, but was just wondering if anyone has tried this or anything similar?? I will be using the Nvidia Shield

http://www.airsquirrels.com/slingshot/

Would it be possible to share what we are seeing (wirelessly) on our pilot screen on the P3 with another tablet so that they can view without looking over our shoulder?? I think an app like Slingshot might work, but was just wondering if anyone has tried this or anything similar?? I will be using the Nvidia Shield

http://www.airsquirrels.com/slingshot/
You can share your screen wireless using wifi but not sure if it will affect lightbridge

A variety of low level photos with variation in shutter and ISO.

DJI_0080.JPG
DJI_0072.JPG
DJI_0070.JPG
DJI_0052.JPG
DJI_0056.JPG
DJI_0067.JPG

Attachments

• DJI_0069.JPG
    DJI_0069.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 335
Reactions: TeeJayN and dalebb
Mohan, i was also looking at the nvidia shield. How much is 20 minutes of recorded screen in mb?
Also, is it good in sunlight and can you compare with an ipad air 1?
You have a sun shade or matte screen protector?

The ipad screen is easier with the glare. Will do a recording to check how much a minute of video consumes.

Reactions: dalebb
A variety of low level photos with variation in shutter and ISO.

Thanks a lot for your pictures Mohan.

I have them all imported in Lightroom and gave them a first glance.
I was pleasantly surprised with the 2 sec exposure. More than sharp enough that means that the P3 can be very stable in the air. The others with the higher ISO's looks also not bad but I will look more precise at them tomorrow. (its getting a little late over here.)

I you can publish some of the high iso dng's I would be pleased. The camera does quit a good job but I want to try my own noise-suppression and sharpening.

By the way: be aware that your GPS coordinates are also in the metadata.

Last edited:
Just so you guys know the pilot app now does low resolution video record to the tablet. You can set it to record when your record, always or never.

The quality isn't that bad as well.

Just so you guys know the pilot app now does low resolution video record to the tablet. You can set it to record when your record, always or never.

The quality isn't that bad as well.
Is that on Android and IOS? Any plans to add the flight simulator to the android app?

Thanks!

Can't see a canbus port. It is possible that a new type of interface is been used. Flytrex are usually very innovative and will usually find a way around the evolving technology. When you look at the DJI Pilot app you have all the data of the flight stored on your handset for playback later. It even shows the stick movements as they happened. I haven't found a way of exporting this information in numerical form so it can be imported into dashware.

Might this news help: http://www.dronethusiast.com/flytrex-introduces-black-box-for-inspire-1-and-phantom-3/

I was considering a flytrex for my P3 when it arrives but DJI have stated that if you remove the casing it will void the warranty.... How can you get around this. In the meantime I've ordered a RF-V16

Forgive my cross-post here, but I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Shield. Do I need one with a cellular plan, or is the Wi-Fi-only unit good enough to use with the Phantom 3?

Thanks.

Forgive my cross-post here, but I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Shield. Do I need one with a cellular plan, or is the Wi-Fi-only unit good enough to use with the Phantom 3?

Thanks.
Cell is not needed but you need some type of data connection to download and / or cache maps. You could do this via wifi prior to going out.

How many mb are the stills from the P3 in RAW/DNG?
PV2+ are around 27mb

About 17mb - there are files uploaded on previous pages

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164