Hands on experience Phantom 3 - 4K plus Inside the hood Pictures

Further concerned by then posting internal photos (which I enjoyed).

I.P. is highly guarded and not to be messed with.

Blade and Ed are affiliated with DJI, their concern is to the fact that nobody is supposed to be selling P3's and since Mohan has one something isn't right.

I can understand them wanting to know where he purchased it from and who sold it in the first place, it was the comments about him i did not like that's all.

I didn't miss them, Asking him where he got the unit is a valid point, one he is happy to answer it seems for legitimately concerned individuals. But resorting to personal dispersions without reason is a reflection on the character of the person making the comment.

Reactions: Louis_Eng
Blade and Ed are affiliated with DJI, their concern is to the fact that nobody is supposed to be selling P3's and since Mohan has one something isn't right.
Exactly, If he paid for it then I'm mad that he didn't get what he paid for.. Someone has sold him a preproduction unit that will more than likely be killed via an update in the future.

Regarding props the hubs are different as I stated on Saturday. I would not use p2 props. The p3 has braking enabled, this could cause the metal hub props to prop shot.. Not a good thing.

PS, about the remarks, I don't know him from adam.. I can only go by the post that he has made. Imho gojng that far away WITH the wind is only asking for trouble. I was able to do a run of 3km distance and still have 70% battery and full bars. I just didn't think it was very smart and how someone with a preproduction unit should be testing it. Regarding props, if you are going to be releasing preproduction information, please try to be as accurate as possible. We don't need people using metal hubs on this craft since this can cause bad things to happen.

I did ask on Saturday how he got the craft, I was ignored. So this is why I'm very concerned regarding how he received his craft.

Last edited:
OK the props on the P2 won't fit on the P3 - my mistake. It was a honest mistake as I simply scanned the props by simply inspecting them while on the aircraft.
DSC02200[1].JPG

Can you tell which is the P2 and P3 prop?

OK the props on the P2 won't fit on the P3 - my mistake. It was a honest mistake as I simply scanned the props by simply inspecting them while on the aircraft.View attachment 17519

If you flipped them over you could;)

a7751282-106-20150408_141100.jpg

Further concerned by then posting internal photos (which I enjoyed).

I.P. is highly guarded and not to be messed with.

Thank you for understanding our concerns

I would like to clarify the information here. The fact that someone in the UK sold or wanted to sell two preproduction units that they received for testing is not acceptable. My concerns are not with Mohan. My concerns are that DJI's security was breached and that someone violated their NDA. That is and will be continue to by my concern. Mohan was an unsuspecting victim in this whole scenario. His posts are of value and would have been welcomed if the P3 had been released to the public. Timing is everything. What he posted may not be a production unit and when guys do get theirs, they are going to question the difference. We want to eliminate the confusion. This never should have happened. We will find out who sold the unit. There were not many out in dealers hands at that point. If someone wants to volunteer the information you can PM me.

Again there was no disrespect to Mohan, however, initially we assumed that he received the P3 through legitimate channels and had violated his NDA. Since that is not the case, I apologize. He had no NDA to violate.

Exactly, If he paid for it then I'm mad that he didn't get what he paid for.. Someone has sold him a pre-production unit that will more than likely be killed via an update in the future.
Killed as in rendered non functional? That's quite interesting.

Thank you for understanding our concerns

I am going to maintain that it was not my intention to annoy anybody at DJI. Mistakes do happen. When I made a pre-order of a P3 professional because it was offered with a 4K camera, Superior charger and a Backpack I pressed the order button. Now I find it does not come with a backpack that is possibly going to be sold for $$$ - have I taken major offence?

As far as head wind is concerned my mantra is 'nothing ventured - nothing gained'. I did not fly it over the sea or over peoples houses. If it needed landing it was going to land on green pasture land. Hence it was flown over green fields.

As far as head wind is concerned my mantra is 'nothing ventured - nothing gained'. I did not fly it over the sea or over peoples houses. If it needed landing it was going to land on green pasture land. Hence it was flown over green fields.
I think it's cool you did it but I don't have the same stake in the game that Blade and Ed do. I'm still very impressed by the control you had at that distance.

Perhaps Ed could organise an official release P3 in exchange for the unit Mohan has.

That maybe so, but they should wait before saying things in a public forum as they did earlier and I suspect many people have benefited from the information Mohan has provided including yourself. If they work for DJI they should have contacted him privately instead of calling him out on the forum.

Not very friendly.

OK the props on the P2 won't fit on the P3 - my mistake. It was a honest mistake as I simply scanned the props by simply inspecting them while on the aircraft.View attachment 17519

I would say top are P3 and the ones with no bugs on them are the extra P2 blades you have.

That maybe so, but they should wait before saying things in a public forum as they did earlier and I suspect many people have benefited from the information Mohan has provided including yourself. If they work for DJI they should have contacted him privately instead of calling him out on the forum.

Not very friendly.

I tried to ask him nicely and was ignored. Sorry that I take NDA very seriously.

I didn't realise the photos of inside would upset so many, who took them over to rcgroups and posted them on there. tut tut tut tut.

Exactly, If he paid for it then I'm mad that he didn't get what he paid for.. Someone has sold him a preproduction unit that will more than likely be killed via an update in the future.

Are you saying in your post that DJI can send out an update to an individual P3 and kill it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Helen Y West