Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

H3-3D measurement needed

Discussion in 'Zenmuse H3-3D/H4-3D GoPro Gimbal' started by OI Photography, May 28, 2014.

1. OI Photography

Can someone with an H3-3D tell me exactly how much the 3rd motor protrudes above the top plate please? I'm referring to the upper plate that the vibration dampeners attach to. I need to get some standoffs to mount on my 550 and I want to make sure I get them long enough but not too long. Thanks!

2. ladykate

It is about 1/8". I don't have it off right now but I made a 1/4" spacer that allowed me to put a pad on the top (velcro) without worry of interference.

3. OI Photography

Cool, thank you. So a 5mm standoff should be enough?

4. ladykate

It should be. You can always add a piece of manila paper/washers if it isn't quite. I wanted a comfortable gap in case of any vibrations - didn't want the motor to have any chance of rubbing... and I had 1/4 material ;-}

5. The Editor

I am using 5mm standoffs and they are fine. Here -> http://uk.farnell.com/ettinger/05-02-051/spacer-m2-5-5mm-length/dp/1467010

If you maybe used VERY soft dampers and were throwing the craft about it MAY rub/hit the top plate but that would be extreme conditions and then probably only for a brief moment during a manoeuvre. I have never experienced this though.

If this was happening you could easily swap them out for 7mm or 8mm and the problem would go away.

6. OI Photography

Got it, thank you sir!