Guarantee

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Can anybody shed any light on why DJI would charge to fix my P4. It was not physically damaged and it is still under warranty. The problem started shortly after I bought it. Downward and forward vision sensors could not be calibrated with the on screen computer method.
Thanks

This is it in a nutshell, without my personal details......

Remark: No warranty unit The fron and downward vision system malfunction

Item Quantity Unit Price(EUR) Total Nett(EUR)
Phantom 4 Ultrasound Module 1 81.82 81.82
Phantom 4 Downward Vision_Right Module V1 1 9.92 9.92
Phantom 4 Forward Vision_Right Module V2 1 9.92 9.92
Phantom 4 Forward Vision_Left Module V2 1 9.92 9.92
Phantom 4 Downward Vision_Left Module V1 1 9.92 9.92
Freight:
Discount: -0.00
DJI Care deduction: 0.00
Sub Total Payment: 121.50
VAT(at 21%): 25.52
Grand Total Payment: 147.02

Wel I wouldn't be paying for that unless DJI are able to provide proof of abuse, damage or otherwise. They have the AC with them and can interrogate the onboard .dat file or you could sync your flights through the app to the DJI server for them to scrutinise.
Suggest that you speak with a supervisor and not the plod in their tech support team.

Wel I wouldn't be paying for that unless DJI are able to provide proof of abuse, damage or otherwise. They have the AC with them and can interrogate the onboard .dat file or you could sync your flights through the app to the DJI server for them to scrutinise.
Suggest that you speak with a supervisor and not the plod in their tech support team.
I have just sent an email away asking to be contacted by a supervisor. So ill wait and see. Surely the complete drone is guaranteed for defects for a year from purchase. Not physical damage of course. But defects within and without

That’s a strange invoice, there is seemingly no labour component.

Did you have any other correspondence with DJI? They will usually inform you either that they intend to cover the repair/replacement under warranty or in the alternative provide a brief description of why warranty won’t apply.

Reactions: Jonnietheone
That’s a strange invoice, there is seemingly no labour component.

Did you have any other correspondence with DJI? They will usually inform you either that they intend to cover the repair/replacement under warranty or in the alternative provide a brief description of why warranty won’t apply.
Ive just had a reply to tell me to contact the Netherlands to follow this up,which is where DJI told me to send the drone, which I have done. Gotta say Im not particularly happy about having to contact another separate entity as to why I am being charged for warranty work.

What? That's a joke. My bird crashed and needed shell replacement, landing gear replacement and camera snapped off and yet it costs less then yours to repair. I don't get it. You was under warranty too. I would def get onto DJI about this mate as that was an unfair charge for them to do to you

What? That's a joke. My bird crashed and needed shell replacement, landing gear replacement and camera snapped off and yet it costs less then yours to repair. I don't get it. You was under warranty too. I would def get onto DJI about this mate as that was an unfair charge for them to do to you
Still waiting for a reply from China and the Netherlands!

Really hope you get a refund or at least a battery from them for taking payment. Keep us updated mate

Nice work, amazing that with a bit of pushback, your rights are recognised. A lot of people unfortunately just cop it on the chin...
To be honest, the Netherlands seemed to be right on the ball. The rep in China went straight to a charge,gotta pay gotta pay. Maybe that is their default position from the get go

To be honest, the Netherlands seemed to be right on the ball. The rep in China went straight to a charge,gotta pay gotta pay. Maybe that is their default position from the get go
Agreed, and that's where some companies play the game of averages and bet on the average punter bailing out.
Not me.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj