Ground control station UGCS

I am not using it, but checked out the link. Seems interesting, but a tad spendy for PRO ($2000) - maybe the watered down version is fine for most things. I am looking for a program that lets you pre plan all the camera movement in the PC before hooking it up for flight. I like Litchi a lot and just learning, but I wish you had more power over the camera instructions prior to actually getting your drone connected and in live camera mode.

I greatly prefer doing a complete flight plan at the comfort of a desktop PC without the drone hooked up vs, messing with a hard to see tablet in the field.

Reactions: IBV
I am not using it, but checked out the link. Seems interesting, but a tad spendy for PRO ($2000) - maybe the watered down version is fine for most things. I am looking for a program that lets you pre plan all the camera movement in the PC before hooking it up for flight. I like Litchi a lot and just learning, but I wish you had more power over the camera instructions prior to actually getting your drone connected and in live camera mode.

I greatly prefer doing a complete flight plan at the comfort of a desktop PC without the drone hooked up vs, messing with a hard to see tablet in the field.

Yea. I know what you mean with messing around with tablet,etc..
The "normal" UGCS version costs around the same as Litchi. I couldn't compare yet, but it seems that UGCS is more advanced. Also other map providers can be used for terrain map, etc.. I will test it througouhly next week. I also prefer to design the missions on my 75" TV..

Yea. I know what you mean with messing around with tablet,etc..
The "normal" UGCS version costs around the same as Litchi. I couldn't compare yet, but it seems that UGCS is more advanced. Also other map providers can be used for terrain map, etc.. I will test it througouhly next week. I also prefer to design the missions on my 75" TV..
Well, how'd the testing go?

Well, how'd the testing go?

It Works! It reacts as promised. Even the Pictures are as planned. Real fun to see the Pictures taken planned "offline".
The best of all is it Works on Windows PC. I hate tablets when there is no mouse and half my screen is gone for the keyboard.
with a normal Windows laptop on site it just feels right. The tablet is only fir live view then. I prefer UGCS to Litchi.

It Works! Also the images are as planned. I dont use Litchi anymore!
I DL'd it yesterday and spent the day learning it in the office. I was surprised that UgCS was just for a laptop. I do most of my flying in the woods off the back of a quad so i don't know how well it will work but I'm going to try it today. thanks for the info.

I DL'd it yesterday and spent the day learning it in the office. I was surprised that UgCS was just for a laptop. I do most of my flying in the woods off the back of a quad so i don't know how well it will work but I'm going to try it today. thanks for the info.

Let me know how it was going for you. Actually any Windows 10 Works this also the tablets and coming surface phones Will work.
curious to hear how it Works for you. From the quad sounds really mobile!

Well; UgCS didn't get tested as hoped, mostly because I didn't have an internet connectoin where I was working. I kind of knew I wouldn't have internet but I didn't want to download the offline maps because they are stored in App Data folder on the C: drive which doesn't work for me since I use an SSD with limited space.I did export the mission in kml and could have run it in Litchi or Ultimate Flight but I didn't. Any thoughts on how best to proceed with this? Also, it would be nice to be able to import some kml's or shapefiles in the "One" license because I have preset boundaries that I need to fly that are in my GIS that I can export as whatever. Just some thoughts so far. I haven't purchased UgCS yet because of these limitations, but I'd like to.

Well; UgCS didn't get tested as hoped, mostly because I didn't have an internet connectoin where I was working. I kind of knew I wouldn't have internet but I didn't want to download the offline maps because they are stored in App Data folder on the C: drive which doesn't work for me since I use an SSD with limited space.I did export the mission in kml and could have run it in Litchi or Ultimate Flight but I didn't. Any thoughts on how best to proceed with this? Also, it would be nice to be able to import some kml's or shapefiles in the "One" license because I have preset boundaries that I need to fly that are in my GIS that I can export as whatever. Just some thoughts so far. I haven't purchased UgCS yet because of these limitations, but I'd like to.
Get a larger SSD.- problem solved.
I use my mobile phone as wifi hotspot. In some areas I also don't have internet connection. You can delete the offline map-data after the mission. ..

Get a larger SSD.- problem solved.
I use my mobile phone as wifi hotspot. In some areas I also don't have internet connection. You can delete the offline map-data after the mission. ..
Yeah' I hear you I just don't like to write to the SSD due to write limits, but maybe i'm just paranoid. I'm Looking at a 2-in-1 like a surfacebook or Lenovo yoga. Indeed, I too use my phone for wifi.

I tried UgCS Photogrammetry tool today but couldn't get it to take more than one picture. I have DJI Go set to take single shot jpeg's every 3 seconds. In UgCS I set the the camera "Time" = auto with 0.00 delay, "Distnace" = auto 0.00 delay, "Tilt" = 90 and "Mode" = shot. The P4 takes off then flys the route fine but doesn't take any pictures. Ideas?

I tried UgCS Photogrammetry tool today but couldn't get it to take more than one picture. I have DJI Go set to take single shot jpeg's every 3 seconds. In UgCS I set the the camera "Time" = auto with 0.00 delay, "Distnace" = auto 0.00 delay, "Tilt" = 90 and "Mode" = shot. The P4 takes off then flys the route fine but doesn't take any pictures. Ideas?

I use POI but when using your settings: I thought it's either time or distance but not both....

It seems the issue was with the "Action execution" setting which I had set to "at start" yielding a "Camera triggering - 0 shots" in the information box. Changing the "Camera execution" to " "Forward passes" yields a "Camera triggering - 196 shots". I'm going to go field test it now.

It seems the issue was with the "Action execution" setting which I had set to "at start" yielding a "Camera triggering - 0 shots" in the information box. Changing the "Camera execution" to " "Forward passes" yields a "Camera triggering - 196 shots". I'm going to go field test it now.

Great! Let me know the results. I wonder why so few people use UGCS. It's a little more comolicated than Litchi but for autonomous missions it's my choice. Curious to hear your update.

Hi, starting from UgCS 2.10 we will change product line. We will have 4 licenses:

UgCS Open - free
UgCS One - $65
UgCS Pro - $600
UgCS Enterprise - $2000

In UgCS Enterprise we will left features for big deployments (like multi-operator support) or for expensive equipment (he-end transponders support).

All other features for professional use will be available in Pro.

Reactions: rgbwebdev
Great! Let me know the results. I wonder why so few people use UGCS. It's a little more comolicated than Litchi but for autonomous missions it's my choice. Curious to hear your update.
May be because we targeted professional market primarily. Surveyors etc. To effectively use UgCS you need to spend some time (at least read documentation or see our "how to" videos). If you need to make beautiful photos of your backyard - use Litchi or even DJI GO. Litchi is a great simple GS.

I tried UgCS Photogrammetry tool today but couldn't get it to take more than one picture.
May be this
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
or this
will help.
And you can send your question to [email protected]. We officially provide support via email only for paid licenses, but our engineers are trying to help for all users.

May be this
or this
will help.
And you can send your question to [email protected]. We officially provide support via email only for paid licenses, but our engineers are trying to help for all users.
Thanks for the reply. I have watched that video several times but to no avail. I find I need to set the gimbal angle and the time or distance as well as the forward pass as stated above. Also I'm using a DJI Phantom 4 (per the forum) and noticed the payload for the P4 camera parameters were incorrect. I changed them in the payload menu but I'm not sure if this has ant real effect on the photogrammetry algorithms. I can't remeber the numbers but UgCS had 30.xx for the focal length where as my data shows 3.57 mm. There were similar numbers for the other parameters too that I changed.

Last edited:
Getting good photos but having a little trouble with the speed and interval. Speed: I don't see how the overlap can be established in UgCS with a user defined speed and the speed can't be defined without the photo interval being defined. I do these calcs my self but this should be done in the photogrammetry tool shouldn't they?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.