P3P won't turn on with brand new battery.

Reaction score
I just purchased an OEM battery and my Phantom 3 pro won't turn on with it.

I put the battery on the charger first and it seems as though it's fully charged.

When I go to turn it on, all the green lights will light up and the red LED on the battery will blink 4 times and shut off.

Now being this is a brand new battery I'm assuming it was most likely updated. So my question is, I think, since I have not updated the firmware on my aircraft yet would this prevent the battery from working on it. And if so, could I downgrade the battery firmware? Or is there just a problem with the battery.

i have 3 other batteries that work fine on it.

TIA

I put the battery on the charger first and it seems as though it's fully charged.
First, if you put a nearly fully charged battery of the charger, you should turn the battery on before doing that. As for the not turning on, does it function in standalone power check, and standalone life check? If not, it could be the battery and un-related to the AC firmware.

First, if you put a nearly fully charged battery of the charger, you should turn the battery on before doing that. As for the not turning on, does it function in standalone power check, and standalone life check? If not, it could be the battery and un-related to the AC firmware.

No, I guess not. I wasn't sure if it would stay on by itself outside of the drone but my other batteries do. But no, if I turn it on outside of the drone with the 1 short press and 2 long hold press it will not stay on.

That is just the normal power on sequence. I was referring to the single quick press for the power level check and the 5 second hold for the battery life check.

A quick press gives me (LED 1) flashes 3 times.

A 5 second hold will give me all 4 green LED light up and the red LED flashes 4 times and then turns off.

And the power on sequence gives me all 4 green LED's light up and then turns off.

LED#1 flashing 3 times indicates that the battery is only between 0 and 12% charged. When you put it on the charger how many LED's light up?

LED#1 flashing 3 times indicates that the battery is only between 0 and 12% charged. When you put it on the charger how many LED's light up?

When I put it on the charger all 4 green LED's light up in sequence, then after it does it 4 times, LED 1 will blink 2 times and then shut off.

In that instance, I would say that there is an issue with the battery, since the charge check only reveals a single LED. When you get a replacement, do the quick check first before doing anything with it. Who knows how long that battery sat around on a shelf.

No worries, glad to assist. And just to note. If your next battery shows only a single LED at a quick charge check, it could possibly still charge. It would just depend on the percentage. Those LiPo's do not like to be drained that low.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT