Green Purple Glitchy FPV on Phantom 4

Ozz

Reaction score
Bought a used P4, tested ok at the time on IPhone - but I am having possible issues now when i try use Android...

The screen is glitchy, especially when close by - and it can actually reboot the whole phone if you try to do anything fancy like "point of interest".

I get a reception like the images below - sometimes not too bad sometime really bad.

I've tried IPad 2 and Note 3 and two Note 4's (freshly reformatted) - all look like below...
All is not lost though - as it works very well using my IPhone 6S - it seems to filter out the glitches - but I want to use it on a dedicated Android or IPad Mini 2's larger screen.

I believe its still within 12 months warranty but i don't know if the warranty is transferable from previous owner :/

Is there anything I can do?

- I've tried it in 3 places now - places that work perfectly well for a P3S and Mavic Pro.
- I've closed all background tasks and tried DJI 3 and DJI Go 4.
- All Androids working perfectly on Mavic Pro and P3S with no glitches at all.
- The Videos on the SD card are all perfect and show no glitches at all - so its not Gimbal ribbon cable .
And its totally usable on an IPhone 6s.

Any advice? Thanks...

35lrlsl.jpg

6q8lm1.jpg

Last edited:
I also don't have an issue with my iPhone 6. I purchased the 8" tab A and got the same issues you have, so I then got the iPad pro 9.7" and it's perfect. Only thing I can think of is the processors aren't quick enough delivering the image. My iPhone 6 is only 16gb and I had 2 gb of data. So deleted djigo app and now use the pro.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Ozz,
This is a known issue with the P4 RC firmware and Android. The bug was introduced in the latest firmware update. Hopefully DJI fix it and update the firmware sometime soon.

There is a work around, Search for RC firmware downgrade and you should find plenty of threads.

Reactions: Ozz
Ozz,
This is a known issue with the P4 RC firmware and Android. The bug was introduced in the latest firmware update. Hopefully DJI fix it and update the firmware sometime soon.

There is a work around, Search for RC firmware downgrade and you should find plenty of threads.

Great, thanks for that - downgrade it is then. What version is recommended? its on the latest at the moment.

Downgraded the P4 one version number last night - and from testing in same room its seems a bit reduced - there is some glitching still there on Android but not nearly as bad - oddly its more Green now than purple so there is definitely a change - I then downgraded further to the oldest available, June 2016, but that didn't make any further improvement - I will fly today after work see if the app is more stable at a normal range.

Be careful when down grading firmware as if you have a crash and your bird was still in warranty they may not pay up for not using their latest firmware.
Remember dji will check before any claim is settled

Hey Darren,
The question of Firmware versions post crash was brought up recently on the DJI official forum.

The DJI team were emphatic that all firmware versions were supported and that rolling back firmware will not affect a warranty claim.

Due to weather I could not test at more than a few meters - there was still a glitchy screen on Android, but it seems to help a bit and I was though able do point of interest without the app crashing. The older older firmware seems to be more tolerant of any interferrance errors.

Where can you obtain the rolling back firmware? from the DJI web site?

I downgraded using the DJI Windows Assistant Application, usb'ed the Phantom 4 to the pc - just open the app and it offers you a selection of firmwares to choose from; and it automatically downloads it and uploads them then to the drone - takes only 15 minutes or so. It got stuck for a few minutes at about 95% but I left it and it completed without errors.

Due to weather I could not test at more than a few meters - there was still a glitchy screen on Android, but it seems to help a bit and I was though able do point of interest without the app crashing. The older older firmware seems to be more tolerant of any interferrance errors.

I downgraded using the DJI Windows Assistant Application, usb'ed the Phantom 4 to the pc - just open the app and it offers you a selection of firmwares to choose from; and it automatically downloads it and uploads them then to the drone - takes only 15 minutes or so. It got stuck for a few minutes at about 95% but I left it and it completed without errors.
Is it an app or a website the DJI windows assistant ?

I have the same exact issue. P4, with p3 rc, p4 on newest fw from a few months ago, rc is on 1.8. Worked perfectly fine for a month havent fliwn in a couple weeks and yesterday i fired it up and got the green blotchy screen using galaxy s5, then ipad mini2. Tried different app version on android with same results. I then tried a different RC on the same FW and it worked fine......

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.