GPS Trackers in Australia

Reaction score
Hi I asked the question before but after some research and a lot of frustration I"m here again .
I like Trackimo but found the online help hopeless. They do sell 3G units but could not tell me what carrier they use in Australia
.He asked me if 2g is being shut down here? .A 20 second google search could tell him that .In our area if its not Telstra 3G there is no point in having it.
I also like the RF-V16 it seems simple and cost effective but 2G
So is anyone using a Trackimo in country NSW ? and how well does it work?
Thanks

I have only used my 2G Trackimo in Sydney, central coast Port Stephens and south coast Kiama. It works fine in these places but I have not flown in regional inland NSW yet.
But having said that, I would definitely not buy a 2G Trackimo now that 2G cellular band is a dying band. Must get a 3G tracker, be it Trackimo or other brands.

Thanks I have emailed Trackimo a few more times to try to find out which provider they use .I get no reply ,that doesn't fill me withconfidence .
I have liked at other non drone specific units but most are larger and many eBay ones are 3G GSM not great apparently but not sure why ( gets a bit technical for me )

Reactions: weedoman
Hi I asked the question before but after some research and a lot of frustration I"m here again .
I like Trackimo but found the online help hopeless. They do sell 3G units but could not tell me what carrier they use in Australia
.He asked me if 2g is being shut down here? .A 20 second google search could tell him that .In our area if its not Telstra 3G there is no point in having it.
I also like the RF-V16 it seems simple and cost effective but 2G
So is anyone using a Trackimo in country NSW ? and how well does it work?
Thanks
Any luck? I fly on the Central Coast and am thinking of getting a tracker

I haven't got one yet . I was talking to a couple of blokes who purchased Morco Polo from the US $380 del .I will see if I can post the link.
I did finally just hear back from Trackimo and their 3G one does work in Australia irrespective of which company has the best coverage in the area.Every says they are good I just think the on going subscription fees of Au$120/year is too much.
Anyone using Marco polo tracker in australia

Reactions: weedoman
Yeah I looked at it too - appears to still be in development, positive as it appears, I'll be waiting till released at least

- Phantom P3A & P3P -
Sent from my iPad Pro using PhantomPilots App

I haven't got one yet . I was talking to a couple of blokes who purchased Morco Polo from the US $380 del .I will see if I can post the link.
I did finally just hear back from Trackimo and their 3G one does work in Australia irrespective of which company has the best coverage in the area.Every says they are good I just think the on going subscription fees of Au$120/year is too much.
Anyone using Marco polo tracker in australia

It doesn't matter whether the Marco Polo is use in Australia, USA or Europe it does not require cell coverage and it good up to 2 miles. It works similar to a metal detector. They are expensive but there are no fees required and the transmitter is lighter then any tracker on the market today.

In fact here's an ad by an approved vendor i just found at the bottom of this page.
Marco Polo Trackers..... No Cell, No GPS, No Fees, 2 Mile Range

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl