Glyph FPV Goggles with DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ (Plus P4P+)

So I have the standard 4 pro controller and installed the Hdmi video module.

I noticed that there are two USB ports on the module a standard USB and what I think is a micro USB port.

Instead of a splitter for connecting both the Glyph and an external screen, has anybody tried using one of the USB ports for the glyph and the other USB port on the controller for the screen?

Just wondering if that might work since none of the USB splitters seem to work?

That won't work. You can only connect an external display/goggles via the HDMI port.

Not quite correct, you can only use the main type a USB for the head tracking and the hdmi port for video. The smal type c USB is for updates only and doesn't work with a tablet or head tracking.

yes glyph attaches to the HDMI still, I get that, But, If I am not mistaken, in order to get the camera tracking you need to also attach the USB cable from the Glyph to the USB port on the control. I am hoping that will get my camera control running (verses getting the arrow cursor on the + controller) but I haven't tried it yet.

It seems like everyone is having trouble getting the Glyph and a seperate display running at the same time and using USB splitter cables. on the module I installed there are 2 USB ports.

ok, sorry, just a thought. Guess it is either the Glyph or the screen still then. It would be nice to have both going. The + controller allows both to operate but not with head tracking on the camera.

Not quite correct, you can only use the main type a USB for the head tracking and the hdmi port for video.
Were you able to get the head tracking working?

I haven't had a chance to try it but I will report as soon as I do. I had the control and the HDMI port at one house for installation but the done is at my other house where I do most of my flying. I need to get the two together but probably won't be able to do so until Sunday.

I am hoping that will work.

The head tracking is fine, it's just using a second USB device that's the problem.
You're using head tracking with the P4P+ remote controller? Can you share the steps you followed to get it working?

Er, the guy we're answering said he used the regular P4P controller. Read up and you'll see I did too.

Got it. I missed the standard part. It was of course confirmed earlier in this thread that it works fine with the P4P remote controller.

@philztoy, you can find instructions here if needed.

Got it. I missed the standard part. It was of course confirmed earlier in this thread that it works fine with the P4P remote controller.

@philztoy, you can find instructions here if needed.

Yes, thank you Msinger.. The instructions and links have been most helpful. I have everything I need and it is all set up. I'm looking forward to trying it :)

Ok stupid thought number two in this quest. So my present set up includes a 4 pro plus controller with attached bright screen and I bought the second standard 4 pro controller and added the HDMI video out unit to it now.

I think I can link the controllers together with the 4 pro set up if I am correct (rookie here so I might be tolally messed up)? so this thought is that if you hook the controllers together, could I in fact use the 4 p + controller to pilot the aircraft and control settings from the onboard screen and just use the second standard 4 pro controller with the Glyph hooked up for camera gamble control?

I know it isn't ideal but that might be a work around (albeit cumbersome and somewhat expensive?) ?

You cannot hook the two remote controllers together. You'll have to use your P4P remote controller if you want to use head tracking. When using the P4P+ remote controller, only the HDMI output will be usable.

I have tried several hubs & splitters on both iPhone and Mini 4. No success, yet
Yep, same here.. I gave up a while ago to get head tracking working on the P4P. Tried both iPhone and Mini4, and several hubs and splitters.

You cannot hook the two remote controllers together. You'll have to use your P4P remote controller if you want to use head tracking. When using the P4P+ remote controller, only the HDMI output will be usable.

Ok thanks. Not sure where I got that bit of twisted information in my brain.

One works... looking forward to trying the other

Were you able to get the head tracking working?

Success!! I got it working... head tracking with the Glyph. I didn't get a flight in yet. So I had a couple operational questions.

I bought the 4 pro plus so I haven't used the non + 4 pro controller using a seperate monitor. My Iphone has the dji pro 4 app on it. I hooked it up from hdmi into the I phone and then using a standard I Phone charger cable into the USB port on the video card on the controller. How is that supposed to hook up? I couldn't get the phone to control anything or get the camera view. I know this has to be easy I just don't know how to do it yet.

Then I presume the best way to proceed is to set up the drone in a preflight, then disconnect the Iphone and connect the Glyph and fly with the pre programmed settings?

Sorry for all the questions. I'm still learning. But the head tracking was really cool!!!

Then I presume the best way to proceed is to set up the drone in a preflight, then disconnect the Iphone and connect the Glyph and fly with the pre programmed settings?
Yes. I don't know of any way to use head tracking and a mobile device at the same time.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart