Glyph FPV Goggles with DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ (Plus P4P+)

The hubs work if only one item is plugged in so I think the controller simply cannot talk to two different devices at the same time. Looks like it is a DJI limitation from what I can tell.

Reactions: Mook
So am I understanding this correctly?

If I own the P4P+ controller, can I just buy another controller that has the tablet mount bracket on it instead, therfore using the DJI Go app and finally get head tracking to work properly?

If so, is Avegant Glyph the only brand that will provide head tracking in this situation?

Aaryn, I have both the controllers and I'm just waiting for the HDMI module for the one without the screen. Hopefully I'll get it all tested this weekend.

Awesome, I'm anxious to hear if it works. I will be using that setup commercially, so I'm okay with the costs of everything, just want to know if it'll work.

Progress! Sort of...

I installed the HDMI module on the non-display controller, hit the bottom left button on the Glyph for 2 secs and I now have head tracking.

But, the hdmi socket on the module is the small one, not the full size like on the pro plus controller, so now I need an adapter to get the video stream again. And I don't have any USB splitters yet so can't try the DJI Go thing.

Reactions: nomorecrashandburn
The hdmi adapter arrived this morning so things have progressed a step further. I now have head tracking and the video feed, but no DJI Go as yet. Without it I still have the OSD on the Glyph's so all the basic info it there.

I purchased a Glyph headset for its VLOS above and remote control viewing ability below. It seems to provide a nice and immersion mirror of the Android screen simultaneously with the native android display.

However, while the HDMI output display from the P4P+ remote hdmi output works with the native HDMI out (matching Glyph native 720p), the USB head tracking does not work and move the gimbal.

When moving head, a mouse arrow shows on the P4P+ android controller (like a mouse arrow on a PC). No gimbal control happens.

Any trick to get this enabled with gimbal co trol with the "crippled" android that comes with the P4P+?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Did you ever get this to work yet? All I get on my PLUS model is the mouse pointer as you described and no gimbal movement.

If anyone want to be brave and test another usb hub, give this one a shot...

EDIT: I don't think this one I had recommended would be any more likely to work than the others.

It may depend on the specific device in use too (the phone or tablet), so if anyone has luck be sure to note that as well. I heard iOS devices are less likely or not likely to work, fyi, but I don't know for sure.

Last edited:
If anyone want to be brave and test another usb hub, give this one a shot...

Amazon.com: StarTech.com 4 Port Portable USB 3.0 Hub with Built-in Cable - Four Port External USB Hub - 4 Port Compact USB3 Hub: Computers & Accessories

I believe that is one that has worked for another person.

It may depend on the specific device in use too (the phone or tablet), so if anyone has luck be sure to note that as well. I heard iOS devices are less likely or not likely to work, fyi, but I don't know for sure.
I have tried several hubs & splitters on both iPhone and Mini 4. No success, yet

So I didn't read the fine print and I got a glyph for my phantom 4 pro plus and I get the arrow.

If I am understanding correctly if I want it to work I need the standard 4 controller and an hdmi adapter accessory? Which controller model is that?

The arrow described at the start of this thread. I move my head around with the glyph on and there is like a mouse arrow that moves around the screen but the gimbal doesn't move. That is what happens on the phantom 4 plus controller that had the integrated screen.

So the standard phantom 3 or 4 controller will work as long as the hdmi module is installed?

So the standard phantom 3 or 4 controller will work as long as the hdmi module is installed?
Yes. However, only the remote controller I linked above will work with the P4P/P4P+.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor