Glyph FPV Goggles with DJI Phantom 4 Pro+ (Plus P4P+)

Reaction score
I purchased a Glyph headset for its VLOS above and remote control viewing ability below. It seems to provide a nice and immersion mirror of the Android screen simultaneously with the native android display.

However, while the HDMI output display from the P4P+ remote hdmi output works with the native HDMI out (matching Glyph native 720p), the USB head tracking does not work and move the gimbal.

When moving head, a mouse arrow shows on the P4P+ android controller (like a mouse arrow on a PC). No gimbal control happens.

Any trick to get this enabled with gimbal co trol with the "crippled" android that comes with the P4P+?

Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Head tracking gimbal control is only available on the Inspire.

You can find instructions for setting up head tracking here.

Here's a clip showing it in action:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You can find instructions for setting up head tracking here.

Here's a clip showing it in action:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I've setup according to instructions but head tracking not working. Shows a mouse that moves by head tracking on the P4P+. It just doesn't control the gimbal.

I've tried different head tracking modes on Glyph...but that is just changes speed of mouse pointer to amount head turned.

Reactions: Ike
:) Another disadvantage of the Pro Plus...why did I get this model?!?!

Avegant Support replied:

Hello John,

DJI with the Phantom 4 Pro + does not support head tracking with the Glyph. From tests we have seen we have not been able to get head tracking to work. Have you contacted DJI already? Have you gotten the head tracking to work with other devices?

Thanks,
Avegant Support​

Reactions: lone droner
It will work with the P4, but I don't think you will like it. This was discussed in another thread in the FPV section, in detail. Can't remember which one are I would point you in that direction.

EDIT:

Avegent Glyph user experiance

:) Another disadvantage of the Pro Plus...why did I get this model?!?!

Avegant Support replied:

Hello John,

DJI with the Phantom 4 Pro + does not support head tracking with the Glyph. From tests we have seen we have not been able to get head tracking to work. Have you contacted DJI already? Have you gotten the head tracking to work with other devices?

Thanks,
Avegant Support​
, I used head tracking with the old P4 , but I had to use the litchi app& cheap goggles ,,

I purchased a Glyph headset for its VLOS above and remote control viewing ability below. It seems to provide a nice and immersion mirror of the Android screen simultaneously with the native android display.

However, while the HDMI output display from the P4P+ remote hdmi output works with the native HDMI out (matching Glyph native 720p), the USB head tracking does not work and move the gimbal.

When moving head, a mouse arrow shows on the P4P+ android controller (like a mouse arrow on a PC). No gimbal control happens.

Any trick to get this enabled with gimbal co trol with the "crippled" android that comes with the P4P+?

Thanks!

I am thinking about buying them, do you think it's worth it, would you do it again ,and how does it work in direct sunlight ?

Has anyone gotten the Glyph Head tracking working with the P4P and DJI Go 4? In the instructions it says to set the gimbal to "Free" mode, but there is only "Follow" and "FPV" that I can find in DJI Go 4.

EDIT: It is working now. I was using a USB splitter before. I removed it, and it works ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: lone droner
Has anyone gotten the Glyph Head tracking working with the P4P and DJI Go 4? In the instructions it says to set the gimbal to "Free" mode, but there is only "Follow" and "FPV" that I can find in DJI Go 4.

EDIT: It is working now. I was using a USB splitter before. I removed it, and it works ;)
What do you use the splitter for
Just tried it. It works well. Full tilt and some yaw control, about 30 degrees in each direction.
Just tried it. It works well. Full tilt and some yaw control, about 30 degrees in each direction.
Will it go all the way up and down or just partially

What do you use the splitter for

Will it go all the way up and down or just partially
I wanted to use the USB splitter so I could use both a tablet and the Glyph's (through the HDMI and USB for head tracking). However, I've have not found a splitter that is compatible with head tracking (I've tried 3). Head tracking goes all the way up and down, and a little left/right.

I thought there was no left or right movement on the gimbal, even 30 degrees left and right is a plus. I purchased the Epson BT-300 drone edition, ( have not received them yet )I hope they have the same capability with left/right and not just up and down.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It works with DJI GO 4. I haven't tried other apps yet.
I need to clarify my post.. The head tracking does not work with any app. Head tracking from the Glyph only works when directly connected to the HDMI module on the P4P controller. A splitter (which I have not found one that works) would be required to also connect the controller to the tablet/phone to use an app. I have tried 3 different USB splitters with no success.

The splitters I have tried:

Pluggable USB 2.0: Amazon.com: Plugable USB 2.0 2-Port High Speed Ultra Compact Hub/Splitter (480 Mbit/s, USB 2.0 Windows, Linux, OS X, Chrome OS): Computers & Accessories
Cute: Amazon.com: Cute USB Mini 2-Port USB 2.0 Hub Splitter (White): Computers & Accessories
Anker Hub USB 3.0: Amazon.com: Anker Ultra Slim 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub: Computers & Accessories

@ianwood, is this your experience also or did you find one that works?

I need to clarify my post.. The head tracking does not work with any app. Head tracking from the Glyph only works when directly connected to the HDMI module on the P4P controller. A splitter (which I have not found one that works) would be required to also connect the controller to the tablet/phone to use an app. I have tried 3 different USB splitters with no success.

The splitters I have tried:

Pluggable USB 2.0: Amazon.com: Plugable USB 2.0 2-Port High Speed Ultra Compact Hub/Splitter (480 Mbit/s, USB 2.0 Windows, Linux, OS X, Chrome OS): Computers & Accessories
Cute: Amazon.com: Cute USB Mini 2-Port USB 2.0 Hub Splitter (White): Computers & Accessories
Anker Hub USB 3.0: Amazon.com: Anker Ultra Slim 4-Port USB 3.0 Data Hub: Computers & Accessories

@ianwood, is this your experience also or did you find one that works?

I think the issue with these is that they are USB hubs rather than a straight up splittter. The controller wouldn't be able to mount the hub and load drivers etc. I've just bought one of these and will let you know
USB 2.0 A Female to 2 Dual USB Male Hub Power Adapter Y Splitter Cable Cord

Edit: - A lot of those splitter cables will do data on one side only, the other will just charge. There's normally something in the small print...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic