Gimbal vibrations

D

Deleted member 61170

Hi!

I'm getting some wobble on my Phantom 3. It's only a day old and has new props on it, has had no collisions and has been flown in very nice weather conditions.

Basically just wondering if there is anything I can do to rectify this issue without having to send it in for repair?

Video showing the wobble here: ownCloud

Thanks!

Are your props balanced? Is your gimbal set to FPV mode or Follow mode?

Are your props balanced? Is your gimbal set to FPV mode or Follow mode?

Props have been balanced and double checked, gimbal set to Follow mode. Calibrated gimbal, done IMU calibrations. I don't know what more I can do! :(

When you hover right in front of you is there any visible shaking in the quad itself? When the quad is on the ground is there any noticeable movement in the gimbal?

On the ground no noticeable movement. When it's in the air the movement is to be honest unnoticeable. The body of the Phantom doesn't seem to be moving and the camera seems to be compensating well, however on the live video stream and in the output footage, it's clear that it isn't. Thanks for your help btw!

Dampeners look ok on the gimbal? are the 2 anti-drop clips allowing free movement? You only have 2 anti-drop clips on, not 4?

Again, all fine! Only using the 2 stock-installed anti-drop pins.

Some folks forget to remove the piece of foam behind the gimble.

Don't think that's the issue, unless I'm missing something! :S

Attachments

• IMG_2334.JPG
    IMG_2334.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 423
Nope. Just threw it out there as it has happened.

If you place p3 on table and shoot video is it steady then? (motors off)

Is the resulting video steady. Just for clarity.

It's kind of steady. The camera twitches to the left slowly when left on a table but when picked up this stops. It also makes a whining noise, but it did this the moment it came out of the box so I've always assumed it's normal

Sounds like you will be calling DJI or taking it back to where it came from.

The video should be perfectly steady when on the table.

I had my tablet lock up on me one time when flying. The P3 was 1500ft away. I just rebooted the tablet and restarted the app and all came back.
Later when viewing the video from the sd card I saw what the P3 was doing. Just hovering.
The video was so steady during the time the tablet rebooted (2min) that it looked like desktop wallpaper on my computer.

Many thanks for the help. I've sent an email to DJI EU Support so will hopefully hear back from them tomorrow!

Thanks once again!!

After no response from DJI, I ended up filing a PayPal dispute against them and bought from Amazon UK instead, who incidentally offer a 4 year insurance policy against accidental damage or breakdown for just £37.50. Phoned them up to double check, but they actually will replace the entire unit free of charge if I pilot it into a 10ft 2in Brazilian wearing chainmail armour, so sounds like a good deal! Never had an issue with Amazon anyway.

If the PayPal dispute doesn't go through okay, I've still got my Credit Card chargeback process as backup. It's a real shame DJI aren't willing to communicate, they've got some really great products! I phoned their EU support office over 5 times throughout the week, each time without answer, sent several emails to their EU support email address, and even called their US and HK offices to try and get through to someone who could help. No success.

Thanks to everyone who helped me diagnose this fault here! Such a great community, I'll be sure to stick around!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic