Gimbal tilts in opposite direction when yawing right or left

Reaction score
I have an issue that's driving me nuts.

When I yaw left or right - the gimbal tilts steeply in the opposite direction. For example, if I yaw to the right, the gimbal tilts to the left. When I step, it slowly levels out.

Any idea how to fix this? I've tried all the calibrations and nothing seems to work.

It is OK. Try to look at the image from the P4 on the display of the RC. If you move the body of the P4 the image should be stable.

Sound like it is operating as intended. You can change the mode in DJI GO to follow and get the FPV downlink to more closely follow the AC movement however your video will look appreciably less smooth.

Thanks for the replies but I don't think it's right. It was already in Follow mode. Even if it's on but not flying, simply rotating the quad clockwise or counterclockwise causes the gimbal to tilt even if the quad is dead level. The image is my big problem. The image should be level all the time by design but it's not, even if the quad is.

Unsure if it will help, but try gimbal calibration.

Unsure if it will help, but try gimbal calibration.

Thanks for the suggestion. That didn't work. I also tried calibrating the compass and the IMU. Still... even if I rotate it indoors without the rotors spinning the gimbal goes sideways in the opposite direction but quickly levels out when I stop.

Oh guys -- I just recalibrated everything again... Compass, IMU, Gimbal. And without actually flying it, it appears to be working as it should. We'll find out for sure when the sun is up tomorrow and I can fly again!

Happy flying --- and thanks.

They cancelled the sun for tomorrow...

Oh guys -- I just recalibrated everything again... Compass, IMU, Gimbal. And without actually flying it, it appears to be working as it should. We'll find out for sure when the sun is up tomorrow and I can fly again!

Happy flying --- and thanks.
What were your results.

I am in the same boat. Professionally I use my P4. My horizons and yaw and focus points are always off. I've done everything but the refrigerator cold calibration.

Does your camera/gimbal hold its point? Mine will slowly "drop" or "rise" mid shoot. Completely destroys a quality Orbit type shot, Pano, Cardinals, etc. Its good for looking for fish in the water.

An expensive top water fish finder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.