Gimbal Tilt Knob not working

Reaction score
Hi, I had posted this question on one of my earlier threads, but didn't get any responses, so I decided to just start a new one...

My basic question in about the gimbal tilt knob... I am using a P2V+, and have the new controller (not the P3 controller, but the one with the 4 green lights to indicate battery level...) and whenever I try to use the gimbal tilt knob on the upper left side of the controller, nothing happens... I've tried using it without the app, and enabling "Upgrade Version" inside of the assistant software, but still, I can't control the gimbal tilt using the dial on the controller... If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello,
First off is your controller the right frequency? ( 5.8Ghz ) make sure it is not ( 2.4Ghz )

Next:
You mentioned Pc assistant, but have you calibrated your Tx in ( RC ASSISTANT )?

Should be this!
1) hook Tx to RC ASSISTANT
2) UPGRADE ( if you want )
3) calibrate Tx ( both sticks, and X1 ( dial wheel )
4) bind Tx to phantom ( by pressing button under bird )
5) hook phantom to PC ASSISTANT
( everything on , Tx, bird, extender, ect )
6) calibrate Tx in Pc assistant
( RC assistant calibrates Tx, PC assistant calibrates Tx TO Phantom )
7) choose ( upgraded remote )
Then it should work?
If not send us a screen shot of your PC assistant basic screen, so we can make sure all your settings are right!
Maybe something is off?

Let us know?

Take care, Fly safe!
J Dot

Hi;

I had exactly the same problem, tried all sorts of different 'suggestions' but in the end it was sorted very simply. I just connected to the computer using the software P2T and did a calibration of my sticks as normal. But also then noticed you can calibrate the 'X1' which is the gimbal control wheel. Once you have this working smoothly (just turn it slowly several times up and down whilst in 'calibration' mode'), hit finish and you should find that you can now control the camera smoothly. I hope this works for you, it has made all the difference to my enjoyment of flying being able to control the camera in a smooth manner, rather than the thing just jerking up and down like a demented bumble-bee....

Hi;

I had exactly the same problem, tried all sorts of different 'suggestions' but in the end it was sorted very simply. I just connected to the computer using the software P2T and did a calibration of my sticks as normal. But also then noticed you can calibrate the 'X1' which is the gimbal control wheel. Once you have this working smoothly (just turn it slowly several times up and down whilst in 'calibration' mode'), hit finish and you should find that you can now control the camera smoothly. I hope this works for you, it has made all the difference to my enjoyment of flying being able to control the camera in a smooth manner, rather than the thing just jerking up and down like a demented bumble-bee....
well said this is exactly what i had to do

Hi;

Ahh thank you so much, this is what I needed to do to get it to work... It's so much smoother and easier to control it this way rather than through the app... Thanks!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.