Gimbal Skewed to Right, Not Pointed Straight

Reaction score
I had a good crash a few weeks ago and have been able to fix a few items but now the last item on my list is to have the camera pointed the same direction as the phantom.

The camera points between 1-5% to the right. Suggestions on best way to correct this?

I could bend some more aluminum but I would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks!

I have the solution your looking for. Just keep in mind, if you try this, you do so at your own risk. I had absolutely no problems with it but if you do it wrong you may end up having to buy a new gimbal.

If you're like me you've tried everything: IMU calibration, gimbal calibration, controller sticks calibration, Etc. None of it has worked. You've also tried the set screw. Tighten that down nice and snug against the flat of the shaft. Still doesn't work. You've decided you have no choice but to send it in for a 3 month stay with DJI for repairs.

I couldn't wait 3 months for a repair so here's what I did.

Start off by removing the anti drop clips, then remove the dampers. Carefully remove the two electric connections. You should now be able to remove the gimbal from the Drone.

This is where it starts to get dicey. Wrap the yaw motor (see attached picture) in cardboard or a thin piece of rubber to prevent damage. Then take a pair of vice grips. Clamp the vice onto the motor just enough to prevent it from spinning (Don't clamp it to hard or you could damage it.)

Now grab the yaw arm from below and very carefully rotate it. If your camera was off by 10° left, rotate 10° right. The shaft will move inside of the large silver disc of the yaw motor.

Reinstall the gimbal on the Drone and redo all of your calibrations.

Note: this could void your warranty so perform at your own risk.

Attachments

• 20170308_113856.png
    20170308_113856.png
    575.5 KB · Views: 523
I had a good crash a few weeks ago and have been able to fix a few items but now the last item on my list is to have the camera pointed the same direction as the phantom.

The camera points between 1-5% to the right. Suggestions on best way to correct this?

I could bend some more aluminum but I would like to avoid that if possible.

Thanks!

Question is which phantom do you have? Look you posted this in phantom 2 non-vision section and i assume you damaged a zenmuse gimbal and not a P2 vision/vision plus or any of the P3 line of quads.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4