Gimbal not working properly

Reaction score
I replaced ribbon, shafts line up.
Gimbal and cameras acts crazy on warmup and then goes limp!

Please explain " shafts line up.. the circuit board on the camera is on the same side as the flat of the shaft. Can u put up a video?

Here is a video.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That looks like the hula dance. This happens when the pitch shaft is 180 off. The circuit board side of the camera has to be on the same side as the flat on the pitch shaft. Turn the camera over.

That looks like the hula dance. This happens when the pitch shaft is 180 off. The circuit board side of the camera has to be on the same side as the flat on the pitch shaft. Turn the camera over.

Thanks I'll give it a try!

Hey that seemed to work but I'm not out of the woods yet. Gimbal seems to start up and work for about 30 seconds and then the gimbal goes limp again and the status indicator light continually blinks green.

Any thoughts?

Thanks I'll give it a try!
Thank you. That seemed to help. It now starts up and seems to be working for about 30 seconds then goes limp and the the status light continually blinks green.
Any Thoughts?

Same thing happened to mine. PP members suggested I check the roll motor circuit board. I replaced it and works fine now.

Did you fit a DJI cable or a 'generic'?

Do you get a stable image?

I messed about with a pro camera for ages trying various fixes for a 'limp' gimbal, fitted a DJI Cable, fixed instantly!

It can be several things including the cable. Some aftermarket cables a just junk. FStop Labs has a good one and of course DJI. It also could be one of the circuit boards on the motors or even a motor overheating. It could even be the main gimbal board. It may be a situation where you need to send it to someone.
If you ran it too much when it was doing the hula dance, that will kill the board. In that case you need to replace the camera.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31