Gimbal not completing initilization

Reaction score
My P4P+ has been flying fine for the last 18 months with no problems. Today when starting up, the gimbal started initializing but has gotten hung up in the initial sequence and just moves up and down through the entire vertical motion, back and forth, without end. It won’t complete initialization and hence is basically not functioning as I have no control of the gimbal. I have tried restarting, calibrating IMU, calibrating gimbal, factory reset and reinstalling current firmware and nothing changes the actions of the gimbal. I have searched the forum and don’t see any other threads with this problem. Anyone have any ideas?

Solved the problem. After reading some other posts in other forums, it appears that the camera somehow got turned slightly in its bearings and was slightly off on orientation to the extent that as the camera was rotating up and down during initialization it was not reaching it limits. A slight turn of the camera in its bearings brought the limit back into alignment and the gimbal immediately completed initialization during next start up. Still not sure how the camera got turned in it’s bearings as it the bird has never crashed, never had a hard landing and always has the gimbal lock in place when not in use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers