Gimbal is crooked after start-up

Reaction score
I don’t know what would cause this, haven’t had any crashes recently and it had been working just fine. Lately when I start up the drone the gimbal spins around then stays in a crooked position as shown in the attached picture. If I do a gimbal calibration it fixes it but it’s kind of a pain to have to do that every time. What are possible fixes for this? I already tried taking off the back cover of the camera and everything looks fine. Thanks!

Attachments

• E343B4A1-F041-4247-A440-C678C83C1878.jpeg
    E343B4A1-F041-4247-A440-C678C83C1878.jpeg
    996.9 KB · Views: 335
Is it totally free to move with no hard point when it is powered off?

Is it totally free to move with no hard point when it is powered off?
Yup. And when its powered on it is crooked but as soon as I power down it immediately goes back to being straight. Just tried another IMU calibration and it didn't help.

Last edited:
You said that you took the back off of the camera, but that's not part of what levels it. The roll motor is what is supposed to level the camera.
Take the back off of the roll motor, and see if the flat part of the shaft is aligned with the top of the camera.

You said that you took the back off of the camera, but that's not part of what levels it. The roll motor is what is supposed to level the camera.
Take the back off of the roll motor, and see if the flat part of the shaft is aligned with the top of the camera.
I misspoke in my original post. I actually meant the back of the roll motor thing. I had done that a few days ago and the shaft was aligned OK.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl