Gimbal cannot received MC data / Compass disconnected

Reaction score
HI,
I recently replaced the outer shell on me P4 and when i tried to start it after the repair i received a gimbal cannot receive main controller data and compass error. Calibration required. When i try and calibrate the compass nothing happens and in the compass status screen it says compass disconnected.

I checked all the wired connections and everything seems to be connected securely and appropriately.

Hi i see live picture, I can control the gimbal with the remote and take photos. the gimbal is fairly responsive to changing positions with the drone and calibrates fine. If i shake the drone alot rapidly the gimble seem to fall off axis a bit and become less responsive to leveling out but the photo seems fine.

I can't start the motors because every time i go to give the command to start them it brings me to the status screen.

I wonder if i had a bad firmware update or something.

Attachments

• unnamed.png
    unnamed.png
    147.6 KB · Views: 853
  • IMG_7478.PNG
    IMG_7478.PNG
    397.8 KB · Views: 904
That's nothing that could be attributed to firmware.
It sounds like you have some bad connections or broken wires.
Could you expand on that? I'm having exactly the same problem. Any idea what wires or connections to look for?

One of the fine wires going to the compass is broken or the connection on the motherboard is not good,
DSC03488.JPG
DSC03485.JPG
DSC03486.JPG

One of the fine wires going to the compass is broken or the connection on the motherboard is not good,
I don't know. Seems I have several problems. It's Says ready to fly GPS but it's not showing any satalites at all. It want let me upgrade the firmware. Can't calibrate IMU. Nothing showing in IMU

I checked all of my connections and they seem solid.

What prompted the errors for you. Did you take the phantom apart?

Turned out one of the wires in the landing gear had come lose and was disconnected. Once connected it worked fine

Reactions: defvs
Fixed for me as well. Thank you. For me the ribbon cable going to the compass board (the one on the front) came loose.

So this error message really isn't related to the gimbal. One more hint that DJI wants to mislead us DIY'ers...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik