Getting addition P3S, but wondering...

Reaction score
So, Amazon lowered the price for the P3S, and I decided my lone Standard needed a companion.

When I connect the remote control to the new Bird's Wifi, will it have a unique Wifi address or name?

What I mean is if I have both drones outside together, will my tablet be able to connect to the one I want it to?
Are the names of the Phantoms in the wifi list the same or different?

I did try to search for an answer but didn't word my request in order to find results.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Your remote controller can only be linked to one P3S at a time. Whenever you want to fly a different Phantom, you'll need to relink the remote controller. That process has nothing to do with the Wi-Fi connection that your mobile device connects to.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just picked up a spare off a friend. Even has the camera & gimbal !

Now, I'm wondering if I should splurge and buy a 2nd controller.

I did manage to bind it with my controller last night. Worked ok and asked me if I wanted to update firmware & register etc. All worked ok.

Then I had to re-bind it back to my original P3S.

I don't think we can go back & forth just through the app.

Might have to buy a 2nd controller I'm thinking;)

I'm not sure you understood my question--no fault of yours.
I just don't know the proper terms
I am not wanting to link the RC to more than one P3S---but when I connect to the drone's wifi name, will each drone have its own unique name so I know which one to connect to?

I'm not sure you understood my question--no fault of yours.
I just don't know the proper terms
I am not wanting to link the RC to more than one P3S---but when I connect to the drone's wifi name, will each drone have its own unique name so I know which one to connect to?
Sorry, misunderstood. Good question. I didn't look to see.

Anyone know ? I'm a luddite when it comes to Wifi, apps, iPads etc.

So when I setup the new drone initially, the new RC will be bound to the new Phantom, correct?

when I connect to the drone's wifi name, will each drone have its own unique name so I know which one to connect to?
I think the name is unique. That won't really matter though as long as you don't have both powered on at the same time.

I have two P3S drones. I fly one for a while, bring it back, shut it down, change drones and controllers, connect on wifi, and fly, baby, fly!

Short answer - yes, they have separate names.:)

Reactions: miskairal
When my son was here with his and we had both going I could see his listed in my wifi options. There was only one digit different in the name, mine had a 9, his had an 8 in there. You need to know which is which so only turn one of first.

Thanks for all of the replies.
I don't recall having to link my original Phantom to the Remote Controller like in the above video, but I have slept since then. :)

So, there is no problem using the same TABLET to control different drones(one at a time naturally), correct?

Thanks for all of the replies.
I don't recall having to link my original Phantom to the Remote Controller like in the above video, but I have slept since then. :)

So, there is no problem using the same TABLET to control different drones(one at a time naturally), correct?
No, works no problems.

Hum, I hope you guys got it figured out, but it was stated once, you can name your WiFi network and change the password for that network per remote. Mine is named "Look Above" pass "11223344" or "12344321" or "11112222", don't remember but it is in phone notes for Phantom, and with a permanent marker on the back of the remote. Also my name is on the back of the remote also, I forget that sometimes. Not Really. :rolleyes:

Rod

Hum, I hope you guys got it figured out, but it was stated once, you can name your WiFi network and change the password for that network per remote. Mine is named "Look Above" pass "11223344" or "12344321" or "11112222", don't remember but it is in phone notes for Phantom, and with a permanent marker on the back of the remote. Also my name is on the back of the remote also, I forget that sometimes. Not Really. :rolleyes:

Rod
What do you expect from someone viewing sixty with a college degree....me!

So, you got it?
My reply was for the general gossip.
I was pretty sure I understood your first post, just seemed the thread was having a confusing curves.

Rod

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic