I haven't played with my P3s since 2017. What I have forgotten. LOL

Reaction score
I dunked my P3s in 2017. I picked up a P3s then for parts because it was cheap and I needed a battery. I got the whole thing for less than the cost of a battery. It flew. I got my P4 and haven't touched it since. I have kept the battery charged.
I got it out. Turned it on. The gimbal worked fine, but no telemetry. I can fix that! They grey antenna wire didn't look right. I unplugged it and broke the board connector. I have a micro soldering iron. I fixed it.
No telemetry! I'll remove the top from the other P3s. I'll get the antenna out of it and make sure it not the antenna. I plugged it in and no telemetry.
It's the gimbal board. I'll change it out with the board out of the other P3s. Still no telemetry! I have been flying my P4 for the past 3 and a half years. I had forgotten, I have to go to settings and connect the P3s wifi to my I Pad. Duh, I have telemetry.
Knowledge is power, but it is a dangerous thing in a rusty container. lol.
I flew it today even though it's a little windy. I sat on the porch and flew it over the house and out over the forest. With the drone a 1,000 ft. away, I lose signal. My P4 doesn't lose signal at 1,000. With my P4, I have telemetry and point it back to home and fly it till I get video. This thing says disconnected. I gain altitude to make sure it doesn't hit anything. I toggled the switch to get it to RTH or was it the other switch I was supposed to toggle? Fortunately it returned, a little higher than it should be, but not crazy high. I take over and it is flying erratically. oh, I didn't return the switch all the way back. It's in atti mode.
As the neighbor's dog is jumping all over me, I hand catch this thing, My nerves are fried! I'm getting rid of this thing as soon as I get everything right with it. I checked the video. It may be a while. Is it the camera or the gimbal board. I have 3 of each, I'll fix it! LOL.

Ha that's great about wifi conect,,nice view's
Cant say my p3s has flown for a while now,I keep the batteries charged up though

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Ha that's great about wifi conect,,nice view's
Cant say my p3s has flown for a while now,I keep the batteries charged up though
I think it is funny, people say "nice view". I was trying to show the video problem. I wasn't trying to video a nice view. Lol. Thanks anyway. I think it is all a nice view and don't ever want to get complacent about it.
About your P3. Why not sell it? If mine was working better, I would sell it and the spare one and all the parts that go with it. I just don't want to stick someone with a lemon. It Flys fine for a P3s. I just have to fix the video. I thought about a dedicated fishing drone. After flying my P4, I have no need for it.

I think it is funny, people say "nice view". I was trying to show the video problem. I wasn't trying to video a nice view. Lol. Thanks anyway. I think it is all a nice view and don't ever want to get complacent about it.
About your P3. Why not sell it? If mine was working better, I would sell it and the spare one and all the parts that go with it. I just don't want to stick someone with a lemon. It Flys fine for a P3s. I just have to fix the video. I thought about a dedicated fishing drone. After flying my P4, I have no need for it.
Nice powerful fishing drone if the distance ok. Reflectors add some distance when aimed at the drone. Maybe 2X or more. If it swims no great loss and video good enough to see. Good luck and good fishing. Saves the P4.

Hi Rootman. If it’s that bit of jello effect in the video you are trying to resolve, check the attached picture. That set screw on mine became slightly loose and I had intermittent jello effect. Once I tightened it, all was good again.
Hope this is your issue as well, cause it’s an easy fix.

Attachments

• 1BB0384E-A2F9-44E8-B993-54C71F861CB2.jpeg
    1BB0384E-A2F9-44E8-B993-54C71F861CB2.jpeg
    583.2 KB · Views: 195
Omg ha yip laughing at meself. I blame medication lol,,views sure looked great but didn't even notice the waves till I watch it back,,I know,,I did also think the title "waves" was you on the ground somewhere waving at the p3,,even after reading I still assumed it was just a flight to get the dust off and without issue,,I need to stop taking something lol,,well you got 3 of each so one must work,,,very good luck,I've been lucky on that side of things,,,yes me p3s just sits at me brothers house with some my stuff,its old faithfull and goes all the time and batterys always charged,keeps the detect x380 company,,good luck with the p3,I'm sure you'll sort it,,;)
16174840065722645379852450350064.jpg

Reactions: WV. Rootman
Hi Rootman. If it’s that bit of jello effect in the video you are trying to resolve, check the attached picture. That set screw on mine became slightly loose and I had intermittent jello effect. Once I tightened it, all was good again.
Hope this is your issue as well, cause it’s an easy fix.
I definitely will check that out first. I need all the help I can get. Lol. Thanks for the tip.

Omg ha yip laughing at meself. I blame medication lol,,views sure looked great but didn't even notice the waves till I watch it back,,I know,,I did also think the title "waves" was you on the ground somewhere waving at the p3,,even after reading I still assumed it was just a flight to get the dust off and without issue,,I need to stop taking something lol,,well you got 3 of each so one must work,,,very good luck,I've been lucky on that side of things,,,yes me p3s just sits at me brothers house with some my stuff,its old faithfull and goes all the time and batterys always charged,keeps the detect x380 company,,good luck with the p3,I'm sure you'll sort it,,;)View attachment 121777
That's what I like about you, you know how to laugh at yourself. I'm not picking on you. You are a down to earth person. Yep, I know how you feel. I know some of mine is medication. Gabapentin knocked me for a loop plus getting older. It sure took the edge off my thinking.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav