GET OUT OF JAIL FREE - WARRANTY CLAUSE - FAKE ANALYSIS

Having lost your drone might suggest that you
1. Read the manual end-to-end and understand what you read
2. Pass the test of a Remote Pilot in Command to avoid flying too high and so far away that you can't see your drone
3. Execute the same discipline is assessing preflight conditions and in-flight rules you would if you were actually flying a manned aircraft and you were on it.

The bird does consume less mah/time at lower speed (lower power consumption) however maximum distance for a given available battery charge is achieved at significantky higher speed than RTH. In the phantom 3 optimum distance on a battery is attained at just a smidgen under 14ms, that's pretty much flat out. Nobody needs to fly around in circles to test/prove these numbers, many have demonstrated already both mathematically and in the field.

RMS rule? To the extent you are referring to the relationship between average to peak voltage of a true sine wave (ie root2/2 or .707) this has no direct relevance to any discussion on synchronous motor efficiency.

14ms it's almost full gps speed , I have a diferente result where anything over 12ms(27mph) my range start to decline fast....now I don't doubt many have find mathematical and in the field that 14ms it's the best but I'm sure they didn't add temp/altitud/wind into the equation and with those factors been different the sweet point will shift one way or the other. Not much I hope...

It's not possible to have one set speed for max efficiency not even for real aircrafts... I'm flying on colder weather and windy most of the time I be happy to find out I can go faster without loosing range this summer...

We should ask dji in the phantom 5 for a ECO mode like cars have now. Automatically accelerate and pitch the aircraft to is most efficient point. Using ground speed and amp consumption.... :)

14ms it's almost full gps speed , I have a diferente result where anything over 12ms(27mph) my range start to decline fast....now I don't doubt many have find mathematical and in the field that 14ms it's the best but I'm sure they didn't add temp/altitud/wind into the equation and with those factors been different the sweet point will shift one way or the other. Not much I hope...

It's not possible to have one set speed for max efficiency not even for real aircrafts... I'm flying on colder weather and windy most of the time I be happy to find out I can go faster without loosing range this summer...

We should ask dji in the phantom 5 for a ECO mode like cars have now. Automatically accelerate and pitch the aircraft to is most efficient point. Using ground speed and amp consumption.... :)
Temp and altitude will impact by virtue of air density changes yes however for our purposes will likely not appreciably alter the numbers (not unless the take off ASL is at the extreme or very low temps are impacting available current delivery of the battery). Wind speed consideration is very relavent however so we should be looking at airspeed for any comparison and in doing so the findings to date will consistently apply.

As said before I also can't figure out any logical reason why is RTH set at 36km/h (22mph) when all field tests confirmed that most optimal speed (miles-per-mAh) is 48km/h (30mph). It is not only that more distance could be covered with remaining battery when returning home but the biggest downside of slower RTH is possibility that it will not make it home if strong head wind is encountered when coming back.
It's worse than that. Wind screws up these metrics. What is the optimal groundspeed when accounting for wind? It's not as simple as just adding/subtracting the windspeed from 30mph.

To see this, suppose the wind is a 30mph headwind on the way back. If we simply run the motors at their most efficient loading (30mph airspeed), the aircraft will fly the longest, but it will get no where and never make it back. On the other hand if it flies balls-out at 45mph, it's make progress at 15mph and make it back if, at that less efficient higher load, run out faster.

Miles-per-mAh is a more complex calculation when there is wind, which there almost always is. So perhaps DJI has worked out a variety of scenarios, and decided that what they're doing is as good a compromise as any with varying conditions?

So perhaps DJI has worked out a variety of scenarios, and decided that what they're doing is as good a compromise as any with varying conditions?

That's what I believe and staying in the low side of the range to help with reaction time if anything goes wrong like a branch on your way....

WTbirds
Temp will change the internal resistance of the battery changing the range of efficient discharge to a lower amp plus less total capacite. Will also change the tolerance in motor bearings and lubrication creating more drag...Air dencity will make the motor run at different RPM or pitch to maintain same speed. All these factor influence everything ... of course I agree with you 30mph it's around the best but not under every circumstances in the north we fly at below freezing temp like it's normal probably rare in Australia... love Australia by the way, do you have space for me and my bird on you chicken house ?

I started a thread about asking DJI for a future ECO MODE

Please DJI new future mode...

Feel free to leave your opinion and what would be best to achieve a eco mode ...

That's what I believe and staying in the low side of the range to help with reaction time if anything goes wrong like a branch on your way....

WTbirds
Temp will change the internal resistance of the battery changing the range of efficient discharge to a lower amp plus less total capacite. Will also change the tolerance in motor bearings and lubrication creating more drag...Air dencity will make the motor run at different RPM or pitch to maintain same speed. All these factor influence everything ... of course I agree with you 30mph it's around the best but not under every circumstances in the north we fly at below freezing temp like it's normal probably rare in Australia... love Australia by the way, do you have space for me and my bird on you chicken house ?

I started a thread about asking DJI for a future ECO MODE

Please DJI new future mode...

Feel free to leave your opinion and what would be best to achieve a eco mode ...
Agreed, LiPO's like heat (they give plenty of punch and mah at 38c) and will deliver less available capacity and current when cold. That doesn't mean flying slower will get you further, it means flying at most efficient speed for distance won't get you as far but it will still be further than at a slower speed. Lubricant viscosity in the bearings probably don't introduce significant drag (would be almost insignificant as a component of total motor load taking the prop load into account). Good call on the ECO mode thread.

Thank you for your reply. Aside from all the bitching this does help. I'm not getting It back now and I will keep my oppinon as dji are bad news and to stay away because if it. ....

Sumnerwolf I am sorry for your loss.
Based on the feedback of many of us, it seems likely that the crash was caused by the flying circumstances and not by a failure of the drone. So you were not entitled to get a new one for free. Although DJI did not give you the analysis you wanted, it was not fake. So I would suggest to change the title to something that is closer to the truth.

Most of us do not regard DJI as bad news. Personally I think DJI offers the best drones, there is a strong community to share experiences and their service has been great for me so far. If you still want to keep flying, I would suggest to buy another and remember this incident as learning experience. You are free of course to buy a drone of another brand.

This is the results sent to me about the analysis. Now tell me you wouldn't be frustrated?

Thanks for your patience.

For your claimed case CAS-477928-K4C7L3, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:

1. The aircraft was piloted under P-GPS mode;

2. T=02-18, h=107m, d=1296.2m, aircraft inclined pitch (-5.0) roll (25.4) without stick commands and flew at a speed of 1.6m/s horizontally;

3. T=03-11, h=205m, d=1374.6m, aircraft inclined pitch (-15.8) roll (19.5) without stick commands and flew at a speed of 4.5m/s horizontally;

4. T=03-24, h=206m, d=1415.5m, flight record ended and aircraft was blown away;

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any product malfunction factors. As such, we could not provide warranty service.

Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Sophia

DJI Tech Support

DJI - The Future Of Possible

yes terrible news to get>

the fact you don't like it doesn't make it incorrect!

you, for lack of PC, simply messed up in many ways as the operator>

No safety features can totally over come poor decisions, sorry but true!

no programmer can out think a users mistakes all the time!

good luck.

I personally, do regard DJI support as bad news.

My Phantom 3 Advanced dropped from the sky after a firmware update. Battery after crash was still 96%. DJI have changed their 'story' about the reason for the crash after I proved their first story was just made up. Now they have a new excuse. They are still refusing to fix my quad after 2 months.

See thread:
Phantom 3 Advanced dropped from sky

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31