GeoFence 1.7 fw & NFZ work around?

Reaction score
I love the phantom 3 pro, but this NFZ is making me want to sell it and convert to Blade Chroma 4k. Is there a work around to this NFZ? I heard a guy said, he installed the Beta FW 1.7 for geo-fence, and re-install the IOS Go-app without a wifi so the map won't download. I tried that but didn't work. It didn't download the map, but that big red circle is still in the area.

Any, recommendation or idea will do. Please help me save my phantom 3 pro from being sold. TY!

Last edited:
Thanks for your input Rob, as what noodle said, is it possible to go down to 1.4 or even 1.3.2? I know 1.7beta fw, can go back down to 1.5. I wonder if I can go down from 1.5 to 1.4?

I hope somebody that did this can chime in.

I read that you could only go back one version (the previous version) in fw. I'm not sure if the service bin file works for 1.5 or 1.6 either...Maybe someone can provide an answer about that.

Yup, because on the 1.7fw installation manual, it said you can go down to 1.5.30. And maybe from that 1.5.30 you can go down to 1.4?

Hmm. Maybe because that's a beta they let you go back 2 versions? I've seen the same question about backing down to a lower fw but I believe DJI puts a hard limit in the fw now so it remembers what version it once was. I think what someone needs to chime in about is if the service bin still works. I have never needed to use it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1