General Help getting started please.

Reaction score
I finally took the plunge and got myself a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, I'm slowly working through setting it all up, but I've come a cross a problem. The camera won't move up or down with the app on the phone or an iPad. I found a solution in one of the forums, that said to run the Phantom 2 assistant, which I'm trying to do, the problem is that despite the PC knowing the Phantom and controller have been connected the mode lights in the assist program don't light up, so no checks can be done. I've tried this on 2 different PC's with the same result. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Reactions: Dave Fisher
After you're connected to the Phantom Assistant, then calibrate your remote controller like this:

I finally took the plunge and got myself a Phantom 2 Vision Plus, I'm slowly working through setting it all up, but I've come a cross a problem. The camera won't move up or down with the app on the phone or an iPad. I found a solution in one of the forums, that said to run the Phantom 2 assistant, which I'm trying to do, the problem is that despite the PC knowing the Phantom and controller have been connected the mode lights in the assist program don't light up, so no checks can be done. I've tried this on 2 different PC's with the same result. Has anyone got any ideas please?

Hi Dave, do be aware that you can't connect both the RC & the quad simultaneously to
your PC assistance. The way to do it is connect the quad to the PC assistant and then
switch the RC unit on. The RC & quad will then talk to each other via their own transmitters.
Hope this helps.

Did you install the DJI WIN driver? If not download and install it from here:

http://download.dji-innovations.com/downloads/driver/DJI_WIN_Driver_Installer.exe
Thanks for that, I've downloaded and installed the drivers, and everything worked with the assist program! But I still have the problem of not being able to control the camera via the phone or iPad app, but there is one difference, if I tap the "up arrow " on either of the apps (not at the same time) the camera drops down and doesn't come back up.

Thanks for that, I've downloaded and installed the drivers, and everything worked with the assist program! But I still have the problem of not being able to control the camera via the phone or iPad app, but there is one difference, if I tap the "up arrow " on either of the apps (not at the same time) the camera drops down and doesn't come back up.
Try hooking up to the
PC assistant & switching on the RC. Then go to the Basic tab and the
RC drop down tab. Click on the X1 Recalibrate button and wiggle the thumb
wheel on top LHS of RC - you should see the graphic above centralise.
Hope that helps - it worked for me.

Hi Dave, do be aware that you can't connect both the RC & the quad simultaneously to
your PC assistance. The way to do it is connect the quad to the PC assistant and then
switch the RC unit on. The RC & quad will then talk to each other via their own transmitters.
Hope this helps.
Ah! Thank you David, it worked a treat! I've got a problem with camera control, but I'm getting there slowly :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj