Game of Drones

Excellent video and editing. Very well done. You have a knack for taking great shots in close proximity to snags.........you know, the branches and objects that seem to reach out and slap a passing Phantom in flight. Braver man than me.

Great scenery also, snow or no snow. Where was this video taken if you don’t mind me asking. Thanks for sharing. [emoji106]

Reactions: OOO
Excellent video and editing. Very well done. You have a knack for taking great shots in close proximity to snags.........you know, the branches and objects that seem to reach out and slap a passing Phantom in flight. Braver man than me.

Great scenery also, snow or no snow. Where was this video taken if you don’t mind me asking. Thanks for sharing. [emoji106]

Thanks! Safranbolu, Turkey.
City of Safranbolu

Last edited:
000 (I call him 007.....for obvious reasons) is perhaps the stand-out example I've seen on this forum of someone getting better and better.

Perhaps one of the biggest lessons many drone pilots can learn is to edit the clips short - and this point is well illustrated in 007's latest video. A good guideline is "five seconds". Ignore this and you will likely lose the viewer's attention, fast.

Another basic necessity is good content. Again, 007 delivers on this one again and again. Yes, his country has plenty of natural landscape opportunities. But most countries do too - not least in the US (and, sadly, I'm excluding America's fantastic national parks because of drone restrictions).

For someone who is colourblind, you wouldn't know it from his videos. The colours here are natural and realistic, as they should be. We've also found D-Cinelike to be our preferred setting.

007 adds excitement in his cinematography, getting close to cliff edges and trees. (Perhaps a health warning should be given at the beginning of his videos for anyone with an iffy ticker or high blood pressure! And don't give him a racing drone nor let him anywhere near trains! :))

The music is good and appropriate.

For myself, the highlight is the blowing of leaves at 0.48 seconds. It's brilliant. Brilliant! 007 has done this before, but is not overdoing it. If he was a young man looking for a career, he should be heading to Hollywood or the Turkish equivalent to become an apprentice. If this was the case (and it isn't), he would have quickly become a top professional.

There's one small thing I don't like - and 007 recognises the importance of feedback and error-focused learning. The filming begins going upstream, and again. Then backwards, downstream. For myself, this doesn't work, with one immediately following the other. So perhaps a different editing sequence?

And, finally, at the end, I would fade to black.

Looking ahead, I have high expectations of 007's "One year in the sky" (or whatever) compilation.

000 (I call him 007.....for obvious reasons) is perhaps the stand-out example I've seen on this forum of someone getting better and better.

Perhaps one of the biggest lessons many drone pilots can learn is to edit the clips short - and this point is well illustrated in 007's latest video. A good guideline is "five seconds". Ignore this and you will likely lose the viewer's attention, fast.

Another basic necessity is good content. Again, 007 delivers on this one again and again. Yes, his country has plenty of natural landscape opportunities. But most countries do too - not least in the US (and, sadly, I'm excluding America's fantastic national parks because of drone restrictions).

For someone who is colourblind, you wouldn't know it from his videos. The colours here are natural and realistic, as they should be. We've also found D-Cinelike to be our preferred setting.

007 adds excitement in his cinematography, getting close to cliff edges and trees. (Perhaps a health warning should be given at the beginning of his videos for anyone with an iffy ticker or high blood pressure! And don't give him a racing drone nor let him anywhere near trains! :))

The music is good and appropriate.

For myself, the highlight is the blowing of leaves at 0.48 seconds. It's brilliant. Brilliant! 007 has done this before, but is not overdoing it. If he was a young man looking for a career, he should be heading to Hollywood or the Turkish equivalent to become an apprentice. If this was the case (and it isn't), he would have quickly become a top professional.

There's one small thing I don't like - and 007 recognises the importance of feedback and error-focused learning. The filming begins going upstream, and again. Then backwards, downstream. For myself, this doesn't work, with one immediately following the other. So perhaps a different editing sequence?

And, finally, at the end, I would fade to black.

Looking ahead, I have high expectations of 007's "One year in the sky" (or whatever) compilation.

Thank you so much for all of your support, feedback and encouragement. I consider myself as a beginner hobbyist and today’s take home messages :

1) Upstream/ downstream issue,
2) Fade black at the end,
3) Get a racing drone ASAP [emoji16],
4) Consider free medications for patients with hypertension and history of heart disease [emoji106].

I’ll work on all of these issues in my next video.

Last edited:
DJI are a superb example of a company making technology better and better, and at an affordable price.

We, the drone pilots who are using this brilliant technology as a tool, should all push ourselves likewise. Such as getting rid of our own "buggy software" issues. And raising expectations of ourselves to genuinely be the very best that we can be.

Really nice video! Loved the blowing leaves. I don't think I have ever seen that before on here.

Thanks. I love to use my drone as a leaf or snow blower.

Last edited:
DJI are a superb example of a company making technology better and better, and at an affordable price.

We, the drone pilots who are using this brilliant technology as a tool, should all push ourselves likewise. Such as getting rid of our own "buggy software" issues. And raising expectations of ourselves to genuinely be the very best that we can be.

Yes DJI is making technology better and better but their customer service is not at that level. They really need to work on this.

Awesome job. The editing is top notch. One stand out thing we all noted here at work is the music isn't boring. The music goes right along with the visuals. Loved it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you my friend! I’ve watched some of your videos and they’re beautiful! I think low flights and close up shots make really big difference.
Thanks again! I will try to fly low and close but it's complicated with the kind of video I do.

> D-Cinelike

Great footage and edits!!

I currently use D-Log (Style: Custom -2 -3 -2).

Why did you choose D-Cinelike? I recently did a quick test and noticed not much difference to D-Log.

Have you crashed the AC yet? Do you use prop guards when flying near objects?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20