Gaining more range and signal so camera doesn’t pixel out

I have glitchy laggy screen in heavy populated towns or cities it's a known problem that homes and businesses wifi can cause video transmission interference. Doesnt happen when I'm out on the open desert.

I have glitchy laggy screen in heavy populated towns or cities it's a known problem that homes and businesses wifi can cause video transmission interference. Doesnt happen when I'm out on the open desert.
If you have your iPad/table/cellphone wifi on, in open desert, the the ipad/cellphone wants to hunt for a channel to connect to. It will hunt endlessly, every wifi channel, On and On. This is what can interfere with the craft video. I've see this many times. This is mainly a problem when flying on 2.4Ghz. I haven't see it when flying the drone on 5.8Ghz (P4P). All P3P fly on 2.4Ghz, so it's an issue. If you ever experience this, turn off your device wifi. Since the iPad/table wifi is literally sitting right on top of the RC, the rouge wifi signals from the ipad/tablet can drown out the craft video when it pings a frequency close to what the craft is using for the video downlink.

Note, if the iPad wifi is connected to your phone access point to gain map info, this problem doesn't arise, because the wifi isn't hunting every channel, it's connected to one channel.

Last edited:
Sounds like your transmission DBm might be low somehow? Usually the phantoms are set at 20DBm now I used a program and increased my wifi signal cause I own a phantom 3 standard so my signal was 20DBm but now its 27DBm and I have no issues with range and video transmission I go over 1 mile with my phantom standard and I still have good video so maybe your transmission signal strength has gotten messed up.

Antennas produce a stronger signal output so I'm confused why the signal is bad maybe check connections in the controller and just make sure everything is correctly placed.
That program sounds useful, what is it called & where can l download it? Tank you. T

Thanks for all the help, I will try switching channels and turning off WiFi on my iPad. Also would it be worth it to do the upgrade it keeps showing on the remote??? I have read about doing a “hack” to upgrade the amount of channels. I just don’t want to try it and it screws it’s up and now it a pretty decoration on the mantle.

Thanks for all the help, I will try switching channels and turning off WiFi on my iPad. Also would it be worth it to do the upgrade it keeps showing on the remote??? I have read about doing a “hack” to upgrade the amount of channels. I just don’t want to try it and it screws it’s up and now it a pretty decoration on the mantle.
What upgrade is the remote showing you?

It's rarely a good idea to upgrade firmware IMHO. It will induce more restrictions you don't need or want. The channel hack is safe, everyone did this in 2015. You can easily return it to stock if desired, but you'll want to fly channel 30 or 31 to mitigate interference with Wi-Fi frequencies. Those channels are always quiet.

Last edited:
Does anyone know if there is still a way to get the 32ch hack on a Phantom 3 Advanced? Tried it a few days ago but am still stuck with 8 channels.

Look on these links attached. Not sure if they still work, but found them in the forum search. One is for Android and one for Apple.

Attachments

• Safari - Apr 2, 2020 at 4:03 PM.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 141
  • Safari - Apr 2, 2020 at 4:04 PM.pdf
    803.7 KB · Views: 176
Reactions: RB55

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member