Found .dat file on my iPhone showing me flying in Czech??

Reaction score
I was searching through my iPhone files for flight data and uploaded a .dat from Jan 7th that according to AirData's viewer shows me in Czech somewhere flying a mini...I've not been to Europe in a few years and have never flown a mini!

Any ideas what would cause that??

I was searching through my iPhone files for flight data and uploaded a .dat from Jan 7th that according to AirData's viewer shows me in Czech somewhere flying a mini...I've not been to Europe in a few years and have never flown a mini!

Any ideas what would cause that??
Hacking isn't a likely explanation.
Is there a corresponding .txt file for the mystery flight?
Post a link to the Airdata report for the flight and make sure to tick the share box.

Hi, thank you Meta4...here's the link from Airdata.

It was actually a .dat file on my iPhone. I notice the flight took place near the Brno Institute of Technology.

Last edited:
Hi, thank you Meta4...here's the link from Airdata.
It was actually a .dat file on my iPhone. I notice the flight took place near the Brno Institute of Technology.
The files are created by the app you fly with and your phone would have had to be used to create the file.
How flight data from another person's drone in another country can get on to your phone is a complete mystery.
There's no normal channel that could make this happen.
Is there a corresponding .txt file for this flight, or just the .dat file?

sorry there's no other files.

could it be a glitch from syncing flights with DJI??

definitely weird. the Brno Institute of Tech has an advanced drone program and this is in a wooded area right in their backyard

like you said, I'm at a loss of how it actually could end up on my device...cloned cellphone?? used my DJI password to login?? (insert spy craft thoughts here).

The files are created by the app you fly with and your phone would have had to be used to create the file.
@rdavis103 sent me a message and included this:
"The file was on my phone but not under dpi go 4, just in downloads"

If that's the case, it sounds like DJI GO wasn't responsible for creating this file. It was likely downloaded from the Internet.

Reactions: Meta4
Even my crazy imagination cant work that out,sounds like a fake GPS hack app I heard of somewhere that changes location,,if that's even possible I dont know but the thought came to mind.
It was aliens 👽

Reactions: rdavis103
@rdavis103 sent me a message and included this:
"The file was on my phone but not under dpi go 4, just in downloads"

If that's the case, it sounds like DJI GO wasn't responsible for creating this file. It was likely downloaded from the Internet.
the thing that I found hard to reconcile (among others) is that I'm shown as PIC on the report

the thing that I found hard to reconcile (among others) is that I'm shown as PIC on the report
Where are you seeing yourself shown as the PIC?

Attachments

• Image 4-21-22 at 1.37 AM.jpg
    Image 4-21-22 at 1.37 AM.jpg
    681.8 KB · Views: 90
Airdata defaults the PIC to the owner of the Airdata account. I see myself there too when I upload flight logs from other drone pilots.

Look in the "Equipment" tab. You should see devices with serial numbers you don't own if it's someone else's flight log (which seems to be the case).

Thank you singer and meta4! I guess it will remain a mystery how it ended up on my phone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31