***For those that read my post back on the 17th about my p4 fly away!

I really hope DJI makes this whole thing right for you Ralph. It's a shame that we do not have a better trend of service care from them. I know there are lots of those who have gotten great support but we also know there is a grand population of those who have had less desirable service. If nothing else comes from DJI on this issue I vote we at least coin a phrase in Ralph's honor. From this point on when I am flying and get uncomfortable or concerned I might loose my bird I will now say "I don't want to Ralph it" and bring it back to safety. Maybe Ryantrax could print up some stickers and t-shirts with the phrase and a portion of the profits can go toward the "Ralph got Ralphed fund". Light hummer Ralph, I seriously am urked about you getting treated like this by DJI.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Ralph. Since you have nothing to lose. Let me make a suggestion that might help

Post at DJI forum is a waste. The mod will just remove your post

Post at Twitter. Make it simple and to the point. Something like DJI P4 defective hardware/flyaway. DJI refuse service refuse to help. Attach your log and perhaps a link to this forum post

This is most important. Hashtag it with #dji #phantom4flyaway etc etc

I am not sure about DJI. But a lot of major electronics company specially have people monitor Twitter and will contact you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Whoever gave you that advice didn't help you at all.
You need to know what happened to be able to deal with DJI and for future flight safety.
DJI aren't very good at explaining anything.

If you are wanting to deal with DJI, it would be to your advantage to have some understanding of what went wrong and the knowledge is useful to all Phantom Pilots to prevent similar occurrences.

Go to https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Follow the instructions to upload your flight record.
Come back and post a link to the report it provides and some of the experienced people here will probably be able to analyse it and give you an understanding of the cause of the incident.
If you had done it earlier they have been able to point you to a likely area to search for the Phantom too.
Dji is only sucesfull because they dump thes donee on the public so fast they are always coming out with new models instead of developing a worthwhile product then they told us dealers not to sell them for so much and they drop the pric two hundred dollers they need a. Lass action suit

Dji is only sucesfull because they dump thes donee on the public so fast they are always coming out with new models instead of developing a worthwhile product then they told us dealers not to sell them for so much and they drop the pric two hundred dollers they need a. Lass action suit
Not quite ... DJI is successful because they make some great products that the market buys in huge numbers.
The P3 was released almost 12 months ago and is a mature product that's sold something like half a million units and the P4 has just been released.
That's hardly dumping drones on the public so fast they are always coming out with new models instead of developing a worthwhile product.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Hi Ralph do you wanna sell your remote ? If you are willing to sell it please let me know

I'm wondering if this is reflective of the new DJI policy, since they started selling DJI Care, which also does not cover unrecovered aircraft! :rolleyes:

I'm wondering if this is reflective of the new DJI policy, since they started selling DJI Care, which also does not cover unrecovered aircraft! :rolleyes:
It's one thing for insurance not to cover a lost Phantom, but warranty should still apply when the flight record shows enough evidence that the problem was due to a DJI issue.

It's one thing for insurance not to cover a lost Phantom, but warranty should still apply when the flight record shows enough evidence that the problem was due to a DJI issue.
Absolutely! However, DJI also shouldn't have managers lying to customers, telling them they cannot return a DJI purchased P4 if it has been flown, even though manufacturing defects were discovered during those flights in the first 7 days! Happened to me! Still got my refund, but only because I demanded the return form anyway, even though he said it would be rejected, and I was wasting my time and his! Apparently, there are new Sheriffs in town at DJI who are trying to screw over customers by denying all claims! :eek: Beware, be persistent, and don't take "No" for an answer! :D

Hey Ralph, did you fly from the park on Windingwood or your house? Any idea which way it started drifting? I can start looking around with my P3. What were the winds doing that day if you noticed?

I could not agree more. When you drop a bomb like that and then just shut down, what else are people going to think? Even if Ralph did want to keep this thing under wraps while he did his investigation he could of at least said as much without showing his cards.
Pogo, He apologized.... What do you want him to do, kiss your ring? As CCDD said, I never heard the ones that made unnecessary comments toward him apologize to him.

Reactions: Phantom-Four
true, I read the whole first post and the whole 2nd post and of all the vitriol displayed, not a single "oh, ok then, sorry I called you a liar 5 times"
I did wonder what happened to him, but didn't post

I can't believe I wasted all this time reading all of post1 and 2. Strange how this happens on the 2nd or 3rd flight all the time.

I can't believe I wasted all this time reading all of post1 and 2. Strange how this happens on the 2nd or 3rd flight all the time.
Well, infant mortality is almost as prevalent as pilot error on a brand new version 1.0.0. bird! :rolleyes:

Reactions: DrJoe

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic