***For those that read my post back on the 17th about my p4 fly away!

Life is what it is.. yes the P4 is a great drone and i have 2 which both fly well, but i have seen a few strange things with it.
one was during a flight I then got red warning " controller not calibrated" and i Had no control over it and it had been flying for 5 mins
wonder what dji would have said about that if it went into atti and drifted off..
keep pushing them for their main reason for saying user error.

Yes your right, usually 1 log per flight.... I have never seen a split log.

But this does show your phantom some how lost its GPS signal and with out GPS it will just drift with the wind unless your fly it back yourself.

So its not a fly away per say, it just drifted with the wind as it had no GPS.
When you lose data downlink, log I'd completed a new one will be created if connection is regained

I'Im glad Ralph finally responded back after a nearly 2 week absence. I'm quite shocked after reading through all of these posts that not one single member that doubted the legitimacy of this original thread has apologized for accusing him of fabricating his story. We may never know exactly what happened during his last flight however, it's quite evident that a catastrophic failure occurred and there's been enough evidence provided to prove such.

I'd second the idea to post to the DJI forum - with the log data. They have a couple of reps that seem to be able to help out in these sorts of situations. At least they could have someone else look at the log. The DJI folk seem to stay away from us here for some reason or another.

yeah,, but i was not able to control it at all.
Did you try flipping the PSA switch to A to fly in ATTI? I realize it's too late now, but that's the first thing to try when it feels like you have no control.

...I'm quite shocked after reading through all of these posts that not one single member that doubted the legitimacy of this original thread has apologized for accusing him of fabricating his story....
I gave him the benefit of the doubt early on. But now, I put most of the blame for that mess on the OP. It was his thread! You don't start a thread like that and then completely abandon it. I don't care what his reasoning is.

Back to topic

Reactions: konidair
Ralph, I would like to assist you. Do you have a RMA with DJI? If so I can escalate your request.
I dont have an RMA.. I lost the bird. Yesterday i got a call from the teturn to home team and they said there is nothing they can do.. I asked for a manager and he said he can escalate it but he knows no one will call me back... Whatt!! I have been on the phone several times with a lady name Jaimy which is the call center lead or supervisor.. All they do is ask for my email and they see everthing from there... My email is [email protected]

I gave him the benefit of the doubt early on. But now, I put most of the blame for that mess on the OP. It was his thread! You don't start a thread like that and then completely abandon it. I don't care what his reasoning is.

Back to topic
I apologized.. I was recommended not to post anything because DJI might take it against me. It didnt go my way anyways.. Sorry

Reactions: Soup
Post on the dji forums - alot of people see it. Provide that link to the logs.

There are several moderators and DJI reps that look at the DJI forum and will probably contact you.

he has been on there it wasn't good dji people where getting mad

Think this is my first post but when you only get a few minutes flying before you kiss a over a grand goodbye not much to post about.

I as well had a unfortunate ealry dismise to my phantom back in February Have spent much time reading all of these stories/post. Lots of negativity related to them. Pretty much ruled out user error. Waiting to see what DJI has to say. Coming up to 2 months and still in the processing stage.

All I can Say is enjoy your next flight like its the last because it just might be. In addition know your consumers rights and excersise them if needed. If this keeps up litigation will ensue. I have no issues in taking up such task on my own behalf. I have studied the merits and if this fail to perform to the hype they put on their videos than they have not delivered as advertised. Disclaimers are just that they are not above ones right and hold no merit if they infringe on such rights.

Atti mode still tracks satalites I thought
Satellites are tracked in all modes. However, if your Phantom is connected to less than 6 satellites, it will not use that location information.

Strange part about the log posted is that the Phantom goes from 0 feet to 30,352,664 feet in home distance in a single step :) - Think Ralf's P4 had warp capability.. Now that Ed is on the case, hope you get better help Ralf ( regardless of the outcome you should get better answers that "user error" )..

Reactions: launchpad26

Back to topic
I could not agree more. When you drop a bomb like that and then just shut down, what else are people going to think? Even if Ralph did want to keep this thing under wraps while he did his investigation he could of at least said as much without showing his cards.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj