Flying over water...advice wanted

We fly over the Water every day, Never fly in ATTI mode if you can help it, Winds are going to be your biggest threat over the water. Because you have so much space , keeping you Drone in sight is going to be the next challenge, We recommend you consider getting the Phantom Rain Wet Suit to increase visual line of sight and give the actual drone some Water Protection from the rain, mist, and sand. If the drone lands on the water you have about 5 seconds before the Drone will go upside down and sink do to the fact that there is a gapping hole in the bottom of the drone. The Wet Suit provides a Ring to protect that opening and slows down the water intake , giving you just about 30 seconds to get it out of the water.

Phantom Rain .org
Approved Vendor

collage truama 1 .jpg

I always do at the beginning of each flight but in some cases it loses the fix. I hate when that happens.
Do you do any sort of post processing? (Can't view the video for some reason.) Almost all editors can rotate the image. I am typically rotating horizons 1-2 degrees as they're almost always slightly off no matter how much I calibrate the gimbal. Gave up worrying about it, just fix it in post.

No 1 Biggest thing is to not land on the water....
If you are moving on a boat you should hand catch it when landing any landing is tricky in a swell
Also I think with the mobile data off you can select return to controller instead of a home point
You should be flying LOS so flying it back shouldn’t be a prob
When coming into land fly up from behind the boat or with the direction it’s moving. Don’t be in a hurry to snatch it out of the sky leave plenty of battery to land
Birds are the powerlines of the sea watch out for them try not to fly over them because they will fly up into you
Most importantly have fun
Practice practice practice...go get a boat and practice don’t let the first time you take off the ship be the first time you take off

If flying from a boat I think the most important issue is dynamic return to home. Make sure it works on land and the dynamic position is updated every few seconds. Otherwise if it gets lost, low on battery etc it will fly back and land in an empty piece of ocean.
It is risky but the rewards are there:

Reactions: Rudder Bug

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4