Flying in restricted areas/ with permission!

Reaction score
Greetings from the Bahamas,
I fly a P3pro and always fly with the Knowledge and consent of the CAD civil aviation department, as in this case;
I am contracted to produce an Aerial map of a sports complex 3/4 of a mile from the local international airport.
'with permission', and in constant contact with the control tower, I am unable to get above 55m/ 160ft even with aluminum foil covering the top of the drone, and no GPS registering on my tablet, or assisting in the flight, ( flying strictly by the seat of my pants.)
10 months ago I photographed the actual runway (again under contract to the airport authority) using a P3 standard, with no problems.
Question: 1. why am I having problems 3/4 of a mile away, when I had none directly in the middle of the same airport. using the same aluminum foil technique? 2. is there a difference in using the newer P3 pro vs the older P3 standard? 3. WITH NO GPS link haw does the P3p know where it is in the first place?

What am I doing wrong and How can I fix it ( DON'T GO TELLING ME ABOUT 'FAA' PERMISSION NUMBERS. THAT REQUIRES STATE DEPARTMENT RED TAPE BETWEEN TWO SOVEREIGN NATIONS AND, "LORDY LORDY" WHO KNOWS HOW LONG THAT WOULD TAKE!!
HAY I DID IT BEFORE ... WHAT CHANGED?
I have been in the aerial photography business since the late 60's (Piper Super Cub) I AM TOTALLY LEGITIMATE. Just truing to do the same old job with new equipment and technology.
HELP!!!! DJ.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl