Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Looking over the specs and my order, it seems the gold are also 12V. , So the improvement must be the black paint..

Reactions: JohnnyB
Having better luck with the black, what difference's between them makes black better?

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app
lol well ive never had a faulty power connection
Looking over the specs and my order, it seems the gold are also 12V. , So the improvement must be the black paint..

Idk really. I am just sharing what I found today. The videos in the beginning of this thread I used to go into this creek next to the river behind some trees. I could follow the creek skimming the water a good ways. I was using the older black ones then. I couldn't do that today with the gold one. But it still did very good otherwise. Here is where I parked this morning to get a pic. The capital was 8000ft away with two huge steel bridges in between. I flew feet off the water a good ways there signal was full the entire flight.
vlcsnap-2016-12-20-16h57m05s787.png
DJI_0178.JPG

Reactions: Bear501 and JohnnyB
lol well ive never had a faulty power connection

Idk really. I am just sharing what I found today. The videos in the beginning of this thread I used to go into this creek next to the river behind some trees. I could follow the creek skimming the water a good ways. I was using the older black ones then. I couldn't do that today with the gold one. But it still did very good otherwise. Here is where I parked this morning to get a pic. The capital was 8000ft away with two huge steel bridges in between. I flew feet off the water a good ways there signal was full the entire flight.View attachment 71330 View attachment 71331
Pretty darn good pics.

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Did the Capitol police waddle-chase the drone before they ran outta breath?

Reactions: Jeremiah Nelson
Hey where did you get the saddles/wings where you have your sma's coming thru???!!

They came with the bird side kit from FPVLR. They are pretty much the same as one that would come with other shop's external extra battery kits too. Mine were for a P3 so the fit to my P4 wasn't perfect but minimal mods were needed to fit them up. I'm sure P4 specific brackets are readily available now.

Reactions: Procharged97
Do these numbers look right? This is my roof top setup that I tested a little today and only got about 8000' out before I lost contact. Then on my way back I was only 2000' away and the video locked up and didn't come back till I restarted the app.

Attachments

• IMG_20161222_150520.jpg
    IMG_20161222_150520.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 293
What antennas and cables are you using? Unless the house is down in a hole u should get much further than that.
Hawking 9dbi antennas 50' lmr 400 to 8' lmr 240 to 3 watt sunhan amps. Also have the rf linx amp on the video side. Definitely not in a hole either. Just bad luck.

Hawking 9dbi antennas 50' lmr 400 to 8' lmr 240 to 3 watt sunhan amps. Also have the rf linx amp on the video side. Definitely not in a hole either. Just bad luck.

I would try just one suhan on the video side. If it's not an improvement then add one to control. If that doesn't help then switch the cables at the remote around.

I would try just one suhan on the video side. If it's not an improvement then add one to control. If that doesn't help then switch the cables at the remote around.
If it was me I would put one amp on the control side. I'd much rather have video disconnect first and have control of the craft so I can reconnect video by ascending. However, when the control signal disconnects that will automatically disconnect video also, simultaneously. That triggers RTH.

The P4 controller has been proven to have a weak control signal from the RC, but a significant video signal from the craft, when compared to P3P.

The statement is a little bit confusing to diagnose when all the information is not given, and his wording. He said sunhan amps, (plural,) also rf linx. 2 amps on video side? I doubt it, but words mean what they mean which leaves questions.

*Which controller is being used?

Video loss at 2000' on the way back.... Had to restart app to get back.... Sounds like app problem.
*Are you using Go 4? Problems have been reported of go 4 crashing.

* Rf Linx amp, is the amp mounted close to the antenna? If not, that leaves room for extra wifi interference between amp and antenna.

* Rx Gain is maxed. Have you tried it set less than that?

* What location are the sunhans?

* Was the wifi turned off in the house? Also other devices? Phones, tablets, laptops...

* Is video feed quality turn down in the app, or is it max? Down = less processing needed = more range. (From what info I've gathered in this thread)

* How congested is the area with interference.. power lines, other wifi..etc.?

* How far apart are the antennas mounted? Have you tried a different spread?

* Are the cables aftermarket?

* Connections tight?

* Clean install connections tight?

List goes on. A lot can be done to improve his, or anyone else's situation.

May not expect the same results with different components too. Jeremiah has gotten 20,000+ with L-coms, old black sunhan on video side only, and an old P3 remote. Hes also using an inspire 1 remote in the house. Different components, different area is going to have different results. BUT, I'm certain that what Bear has to work with can be fine tuned to get the most out of it and the more experienced could help if he would give more detail.

A lot to check and consider before it could be ruled as bad luck.

JB

Sent from my XT1585 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3