Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Has anyone mounted antennas on the roof of there house? or is long cable runs a problem..
Yup, i use the same amps and antennas for mobile or home.
For long runs high quantity cable is best. LMR-400 works well for over 50'

Excellent, Thank you! I have the P4P plus, are there instructions on installing the connector for this model? will the built in screen present a problem?

Excellent, Thank you! I have the P4P plus, are there instructions on installing the connector for this model? will the built in screen present a problem?
Most all of our set ups are on P4's @ 2.4 Mhz.. I'm not sure what options are out there to install SMA connectors on a P4P Radio.

Still against US guidelines.

Are you in the US?
If so:
Are you registered?
Do you know the FAA guidelines?

Ignorance is one thing disregard is another.
Why do some people feel the need to tell other people what to do? Or in this case what not to do. JM writes in to talk flying and some wise guy looks at a picture of his remote and begins to preach the FAA guidelines at him. (JM may not be in the US, JMM may have had a variance or permission, or was having a problem with the onboard GPS module-could be any reason) You can't blame JM or anyone for copping an attitude with the hall monitor or bathroom monitor. I would have also copped an attitude. Just saying no one likes to be preached at or told how to fly their drone regardless of the intentions.

Why do some people feel the need to tell other people what to do? Or in this case what not to do. JM writes in to talk flying and some wise guy looks at a picture of his remote and begins to preach the FAA guidelines at him. (JM may not be in the US, JMM may have had a variance or permission, or was having a problem with the onboard GPS module-could be any reason) You can't blame JM or anyone for copping an attitude with the hall monitor or bathroom monitor. I would have also copped an attitude. Just saying no one likes to be preached at or told how to fly their drone regardless of the intentions.

Two years ago there were only a few of us speaking out about what the US guidelines were requiring. Now there are many folks who frequently point out illegal operations.

I am not in a position to tell anyone what to do but rather educate those who seeming don’t follow the guidelines.

As an inactive private pilot and multi FCC license holder I preach what I practice and am aware of what, if any, variances are allowed.

If copping an attitude is your go to move when current regulations have been pointed out to you so be it but don’t expect the respect of those who follow and recall the rules.

Hi guys, can someone tell me or point to a link that will let me known what the diffence is between RF LINX Bi-Directional Amp MN: 2400SAXU and 2400SAU?

Hi guys, can someone tell me or point to a link that will let me known what the diffence is between RF LINX Bi-Directional Amp MN: 2400SAXU and 2400SAU?

Also, the U stands for ‘user specified parameters’. In the original install the tech could set parameters specific to the site but luckily, the 4 of these amps I’ve bought off eBay, they were all consistent with one another and don’t appear that any of them had to be adjusted.

Also, the U stands for ‘user specified parameters’. In the original install the tech could set parameters specific to the site but luckily, the 4 of these amps I’ve bought off eBay, they were all consistent with one another and don’t appear that any of them had to be adjusted.

Thanks, I picked up a couple for a mobile set up. I’m also looking at HyperLink 2.4 GHz 1000 mW (1 Watt) Amplifier for a roof set up. Do you think they’re a good option?

Attachments

• FE485A56-F7D0-4872-9163-010EAE8C9B94.png
    FE485A56-F7D0-4872-9163-010EAE8C9B94.png
    5.4 MB · Views: 362
Thanks, I picked up a couple for a mobile set up. I’m also looking at HyperLink 2.4 GHz 1000 mW (1 Watt) Amplifier for a roof set up. Do you think they’re a good option?

The difference i see in these hyperlink amps you posted vs the rf-linx SAXU amps is the hyperlink only has a 17dB RX gain where as the SAXU has 20dB. 3dB RX difference is pretty significant at the edge of your range. I know which one I would choose......

Last edited:
But it’s not to say those would be a bad choice... specs looks good.. it’s just that the SAXU has a stronger RX which is what we have found most important in these setups. If you’re in a super rural area the difference may not be as important. After using these SAXU for a year now and “seeing” the difference in my video downlink vs other amps I’ve had, and if I had the choice, the better RX would be the deal breaker for me.

Reactions: Turbomania
The difference i see in these hyperlink amps you posted vs the rf-linx SAXU amps is the hyperlink only has a 17dB RX gain where as the SAXU has 20dB. 3dB RX difference is pretty significant at the edge of your range. I know which one I would choose......

Yeah notice to 3DB difference but I had to pull the trigger and buy them, because the price was $50 for 6 brand new amps and with power injectors. Which was less than I paid for one of my SAXU and a power injector.

Attachments

• C3115194-601A-49F5-8674-0E00B52F342E.png
    C3115194-601A-49F5-8674-0E00B52F342E.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 385
Reactions: Turbomania
Yeah notice to 3DB difference but I had to pull the trigger and buy them, because the price was $50 for 6 brand new amps and with power injectors. Which was less than I paid for one of my SAXU and a power injector.

Good deal! Let us know how they work out!

Take advice from all the hours of trial and error that these guys had already accomplished and figure out a way to direct mount your antenna to the amplifier....

Take advice from all the hours of trial and error that these guys had already accomplished and figure out a way to direct mount your antenna to the amplifier....

I do appreciate you guys doing all the heavy lifting to figure out what works. Right now I have SAXU’s directly mounted to the antennas I have on each side of my shed that sits on a hill above my house.

Attachments

• 33AA2636-F752-4941-929F-CB071622E333.jpeg
    33AA2636-F752-4941-929F-CB071622E333.jpeg
    937.9 KB · Views: 406
Reactions: JohnnyB
I do appreciate you guys doing all the heavy lifting to figure out what works. Right now I have SAXU’s directly mounted to the antennas I have on each side of my shed that sits on a hill above my house.

Looks great Sky... you’re ahead of the game... carry on... lol

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl