Flying from inside house or car anyone?

866D6BD4-766F-480C-BE6A-8C8B152C6A10.jpeg 866D6BD4-766F-480C-BE6A-8C8B152C6A10.jpeg FD02ABE7-27FD-475F-8AA2-3CDADFDFBA36.jpeg I also posted in another thread. I just purchased a set of RF Linx 2400SAX amps with Dc Injection.
My issue (please correct me if I’m wrong) is that the sticker on both units say; “2400SAX-500mw”
l purchased 1W amps (supported by paper work) through eBay off a reputable seller.
I’m I missing something?
Can someone chime in and clear this up for me and weather or not I should contact the seller.

Thanks,
866D6BD4-766F-480C-BE6A-8C8B152C6A10.jpeg FD02ABE7-27FD-475F-8AA2-3CDADFDFBA36.jpeg

I will try once again to help you break down the model number in more detail..
First thing in the model number is the frequency.. 2400 is 2.4gHz.. SAX is outdoor, SAE is indoor.

The fact that your model number has a specific watt afterwards means it’s a non-adjustable “fixed” wattage.. so 500mw is max output in which it will allow for headroom and will be less of an output. You said you ordered a 1W... it should have “-1W” right after SAX, unless you ordered the SAXU series. The model number of a SAXU ends there because the wattage is adjustable by the installation tech.
The SAXU series is adjustable from pots inside the amp and is set site specific. “U” standing for “user specified parameters “.
It’s simple actually. You ordered 1W and got 500mW... I know what I would do.....
Hope this helps.

I’ve already have one of my Rc’s modded with 3W Sunhans. Could I tie them in conjunction with the .5W RF’s?? So the setup would be; Omni Antennas to Linx amps to Dc Injectors to 3W Sunhans on Radio.

That has been discussed already but a quick recap is, I know of 2 different users that has tried this ‘preamp’ method with not very good results. If I remember correctly, a sunhan got toasted in the process. Try at your own risk.
My personal opinion, I wouldn’t want to ruin a already clean and filtered signal coming from the Linx through another unit with no filters or gain control anyways.

You’re welcome Jeff. My curiosity gets the best of me so, I tried to find specs specific to your 500mW amplifier but couldn’t. What I was hunting for was the RX specs. On the SAXU it’s 20dB RX... it’s possible that the SAX - 500mW has the same RX specs as the SAXU. If so, I would definitely give them a try. I can’t be certain not finding specific specs for that unit but I would almost bet RX is the same. I think this because they do however give RX specs for SA series (which I believe covers all SA models) Hardly anyone has any problems from the TX side. I know you want what you paid for but while you wait you could give them a try. I know I would.. lol Good luck!!
Cheers
JB out

Thanks JB,
I contacted the sell and we came to an agreement. He refunded 50% of the cost. I feel a bit better now.
I’m just waiting on cables to try them out.
I’ve also tried to researching the .5W with not much luck.
I remember reading in one of the threads that RF Linx was going out of business but their website is still up. I’m going to try to call them & maybe some one can clear this mystery up.
Again, thank you for doing some digging on my behalf.
I’ll keep you updated on what I find out.

J.

Reactions: JohnnyB
What up fellers.... stopped by for a visit :)

Here's a good start Gram.. had to unbolt the amps and add a spacer so the antenna would fit, but you already know..lol Good little way to have versatile mounting options.. thanks for all the pics and post on this thread.
ebbddbf0eaebf1e40467d9c9b7bf28eb.jpg

JohnnyB, What is the model number of the L-com antennas you are using this photo? Is it the HyperGain HG2409MGU?

Last edited:
Hey people. I've been reading a ton of this thread lately (yes.... I know it's old). I've got the P4 standard and was thinking about finally rigging something up. Wellllzzz, went to go order the RF-linx Saxu amp, and... not only cannot find the amp, RF-linx is gone. I can't find like ANY outdoor amp as a matter of fact, and NOTHING about amps on this whole site or anywhere else for months. o_O:(

Am I in the Twilight Zone? What happened? Just looking for some info. If you know of a diff amp that's as good, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hey people. I've been reading a ton of this thread lately (yes.... I know it's old). I've got the P4 standard and was thinking about finally rigging something up. Wellllzzz, went to go order the RF-linx Saxu amp, and... not only cannot find the amp, RF-linx is gone. I can't find like ANY outdoor amp as a matter of fact, and NOTHING about amps on this whole site or anywhere else for months. o_O:(

Am I in the Twilight Zone? What happened? Just looking for some info. If you know of a diff amp that's as good, please let me know.

Thanks!
This thread was fueled for some time when we discovered a surplus of old stock RF Link amps for cheap. We ended up buying them all out. And yes they did go out of buisness.
I still fly my RF Link/ L Com set up once and awile. Some had good luck with Sunhan amps. I don't know what one is the hot set up. Someone will chime in.
Are you building a car or home set up?

Turbo

It's for home. I've had the Itelite DBS02 nearly the whole time. I'm tired of being limited so much.

If I could go 3-4 miles around my house, I would be stoked.:D
I think I have a setup figured out... somewhat. I'm clueless on amps, being that the recommended RF-linx are nowhere to be found. Maybe the Sunhans are it now.

Oh, and another burning question I've had is: would it behoove me to use a thicker cable connection to my main board in the transmitter? My DBS02 I have installed now, came with 2 {MMCX to RP-SMA} cables and 2 {RP-SMA to SMA} cables.

I could ask a lot of stuff - but I'll spare us. Thanks very much for your reply.
I welcome actual tried & true setup suggestions (via in-box or here), if anyone is feeling extra neighborly.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Jklovell
Last edited:
Even if RF-Linx was still in buisness, they wouldn't sell the amps to the public without a radio technicians license. Neither will L-com.
So That's why I bought... 6 of these magical puppies.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl