Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Confusing. First you put down the need for spotters, then you mention the use of them. You, as a remote pilot are responsible for all of your spotters. Do you consider fines in the thousands as you send your little spotters outside while you sit on your sofa? Didn't Canada have the first drone collision with a commercial airliner? JUST ASKING
No spotters were injured, a few tree's did get assalted though. Sorry to offend the tree huggers. :)
Thanks for your concern..

It has been awhile since I flew my p4 and I went to fly it today and it is locked. I need a adapter apparently to connect my tablet directly to the P4 so I can update it . So I guess until I get that problem fixed I won't be flying anywhere. That sucks!

Reactions: JohnnyB
It has been awhile since I flew my p4 and I went to fly it today and it is locked. I need a adapter apparently to connect my tablet directly to the P4 so I can update it . So I guess until I get that problem fixed I won't be flying anywhere. That sucks!
Hey Bear, can't you use assistant on PC or Mac to update? (Just a micro USB to USB.....) I used assistant on the AC and the tablet on the RC.. worked for me.

I looked for the update on the DJI site and it was not there. I have a p4 standard.

Did I miss something?

P4S is what I have. Was the AC connected to the computer? Open assistant then connect AC... Should auto-check for updates I believe...

I got it going now thanks. It had been so long since I've updated I forgot about the DJI assistant on my PC. Also I hardly ever use my PC so I really forgot all about it. Then I tried it the first time and it still didn't work. Found at the USB cable I was using didn't work. If not one thing it's another.

Updating now though as I type.

Thanks for the help.

I got it going now thanks. It had been so long since I've updated I forgot about the DJI assistant on my PC. Also I hardly ever use my PC so I really forgot all about it. Then I tried it the first time and it still didn't work. Found at the USB cable I was using didn't work. If not one thing it's another.

Updating now though as I type.

Thanks for the help.
Did everything complete?

Did everything complete?
Yes. It's all updated, now I have to figure out why my signal is dropping out at only a little over 2500'. It was doing it before the update so that is not the problem. I thought it was because the trees were full of leaves and I was losing signal, but now most of the leaves have fallen and it is still going out. I am going to try and shut down my home wifi and see if that is the problem next. I don't think that is the problem either, but I don't know what else is going on.

Yes. It's all updated, now I have to figure out why my signal is dropping out at only a little over 2500'. It was doing it before the update so that is not the problem. I thought it was because the trees were full of leaves and I was losing signal, but now most of the leaves have fallen and it is still going out. I am going to try and shut down my home wifi and see if that is the problem next. I don't think that is the problem either, but I don't know what else is going on.
Glad you got it going again! Yeah your in a tough spot. Best I can remember you only have one direction where you can even get that far. Its all little things you can tweak now to get a little more but trees will definitely kill the signal no matter how tweaked you are. I went up against a stock P4 once, me all modded out, and trees got us both at 3500'.. may be at your best already in your location.

@ Bear...I remember your pictures.. the trees.. the roof mounted antennas, but I don't remember where your amps are in your signal chain. If they're in your house, you could gain a few dB by having someone move them to the antenna side of the cable... But even with that difference, if trees are what's getting you, they still will.

My amp is on the roof with the antenna. I am not sure what is going on, but I hope to figure it out. When the wind corporates I will get out in my car and see what I can do with it.

I could only fly straight north or south from my house when I originally put the antennas up there. Even with those limitations I could max out my distance from here no problem. It's a head scratcher.

My amp is on the roof with the antenna. I am not sure what is going on, but I hope to figure it out. When the wind corporates I will get out in my car and see what I can do with it.

I could only fly straight north or south from my house when I originally put the antennas up there. Even with those limitations I could max out my distance from here no problem. It's a head scratcher.
The new update requires more memory so where I didn't have to do this before, I had to start using a lesser video quality and couldn't use auto channel anymore. Now fly on channel 20 and 6mbps with no problems. Have you tried changing any of these settings yet?

No I haven't messed with those settings yet. I will give them a try though and see what happens. Thanks for the advice. Yeah, now as soon as I turn it on the app tells me that there is strong interference fly with caution. It didn't do that before so I'm not sure what's happening now.

No I haven't messed with those settings yet. I will give them a try though and see what happens. Thanks for the advice. Yeah, now as soon as I turn it on the app tells me that there is strong interference fly with caution. It didn't do that before so I'm not sure what's happening now.
I've read about lots of people, including myself, getting that warning.. I just X it out and fly like everyone else does. Haven't seen any performance difference.
Keep us updated Pal.. Love hearing about all whether it's progress or fail.. Helps me either way! lol

Reactions: Bear501
Lowering your video quality will free up some memory and allow better video processing... Should help some.

Reactions: Bear501
So I finally had a chance to fly using my itelite panel antenna. I flew straight south like normal and went over 2 miles no problem as long as I kept the panel pointed right. So that means that something is wrong with my antennas on the roof, I guess.

This is the numbers from my antenna booster.
IMG_20171202_155053.jpg

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl