Flying from inside house or car anyone?

Thanks! Same gear for a p4p?
Someone else may chime in with more help. P4 and it's antennas are 2.4GHz only. I'm sure there's a way to mod the P4P in the same way.. you just have another frequency band to deal with.

I suppose it's in the antennas and amps you choose. It's the same mod on the inside. But amps and antennas are a different thing, I believe. There's a true dual band mod for the p4p I think. You can probably just set your remote to 2.4 and run this mod you did for the p4. Winter's coming. I'd sure like to keep warm in my car if possible. I could probably run with just my windsurfers and do ok. But I'd prefer to have a better setup.

I am using L com Antennas ..to fly inside my old plumbing truck / I also have a landing pad on the roof !

Attachments

• DJI_0234.JPG
    DJI_0234.JPG
    4.5 MB · Views: 408
Awesome LD... Love that truck!! (Also a pipefitter/plumber) I want those train horns for my Vic!

Thank you. I'm on my way to work right now but in this YouTube video below, is a list of all the components in the description. If there is something that you cannot find, let me know and I will hook you up.

There is a much cheaper way to power these SAXU amps.. (found in IBV's thread: "antenna jungle" search for post made by @jhax and @GrammatonxXXxCleric.. both had good ideas) but I chose this setup just for the simple fact that I can glance down at the injectors to verify power and signal, from the car seat, as I'm flying. Love that part.

Guys how about this— for $249, and a mount and 6’ cabling?

Titan Drones Cyclone on the T-Lock design mounts to both the Phantom, Inspire and Mavic.

For $249, I stuck it to my window, ran the cables through the sunroof, and viola!

The Titan is a multiple platform system. All in System!
c6a2b3762d34a3ba442a194b52f2bc9b.jpg

e9d50dbc9dbf379e7b01bbe0577de8ec.jpg
ff64e7882eecbc77df11860717ea585b.jpg

Guys how about this— for $249, and a mount and 6’ cabling?

Titan Drones Cyclone on the T-Lock design mounts to both the Phantom, Inspire and Mavic.

For $249, I stuck it to my window, ran the cables through the sunroof, and viola!

The Titan is a multiple platform system. All in System!
c6a2b3762d34a3ba442a194b52f2bc9b.jpg

e9d50dbc9dbf379e7b01bbe0577de8ec.jpg
ff64e7882eecbc77df11860717ea585b.jpg
That will work! But you will see a significant signal improvement if you switch to a heavier cable. LMR-240 at least. Looks good.

Reactions: DurhamFlyboy
@LSz.. agree with Gram.. looks great! Hope it all works out for you man.. such a blast to fly this way. We'll be looking forward to test results... Oh yeah, you's gots to post those.....

I do it , I sit in the Audi and fly over the lake Erie from high atop , I can of course see the drone at all time even if I have to use binoculars at times. The signal is good trip on about 11 satellites , I also run the engine and no magnetic problems show on the plus screen.

I will post the next video of a big windy storm over the lake of me flying from inside the car , as far as being safe , there are no laws about flying from inside a car , as long you keep her in view.

I also find that sometimes finders can loose there focus as they are not the one who is flying , ummmmm not saying my girl is not 100 percent an eagle eye but keeping an eye on your own drone is best.

Phantomrain.org
Waiting for the perfect storm to fly into.
Screen Shot 2017-10-04 at 5.25.11 PM.png

Dug out the Box-O-LMR, Rf-Link amps and L Com Antenna and threw em on the pontoon before we take her out for the season.
75 degrees in October and drones = :)

Subscribe if you like... Thanks !!!

Turbo

Last edited:
Dug out the Box-O-LMR, Rx-Link amps and L Com Antenna and threw em on the pontoon before we take her out for the season.
75 degrees in October and drones = :)

Subscribe if you like... Thanks !!!

Turbo
Killer dude.. I love the portability of this type of set-up... I'd like to see a figure of how much Jeremiah has cost us all... :0

Well, I did it. I read each and every one of 114 pages. Like a novel it was. Great stuff. Too bad I'm getting a Mavic, and not too sure a lot is rlevant, but wanted to keep posted on any updates here just in case, lol.

Reactions: JohnnyB
Well, I did it. I read each and every one of 114 pages. Like a novel it was. Great stuff. Too bad I'm getting a Mavic, and not too sure a lot is rlevant, but wanted to keep posted on any updates here just in case, lol.

You are the man!! :)
Did you take notes...lol.. Should be plenty of links. It's been awile since i have dug back thru this...
We have a bunch of links saved. Holler if you need anything.

Turbo

Reactions: JohnnyB
It's all Jeremiahs fault. How do we get outta this rabbit hole? (Holds cables, adapters)..

Better splint that finger... Johnny FPV needs race quad parts :)

Reactions: Brent10 and JohnnyB
Confusing. First you put down the need for spotters, then you mention the use of them. You, as a remote pilot are responsible for all of your spotters. Do you consider fines in the thousands as you send your little spotters outside while you sit on your sofa? Didn't Canada have the first drone collision with a commercial airliner? JUST ASKING

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj