Fly away and smashed to hell

As far as the damage...camara completely off. All motors and props still on but props broke. Shell basically destroyed. I will check the light sequence. What sequence should i look for. Can you please give me step by step on how to get and upload flight data would greatly appreciate it

Just a reminder to everyone. Think twice before using words like moron, stupid, or idiot when you post. This guy had an unusual crash. Let's not immediately jump to conclusions about what happened. And let's certainly not be insulting about it.

Mal, you're swearing more than Bob Geldof which is impressive. And not allowed. Watch the language.

Only on-topic posts from here on in.

Reactions: Neil M
As far as the damage...camara completely off. All motors and props still on but props broke. Shell basically destroyed. I will check the light sequence. What sequence should i look for. Can you please give me step by step on how to get and upload flight data would greatly appreciate it

So plug the USB into the body of the aircraft. Hook up your controller to your device you fly with, just like you are going flying. Go to the Aircraft Settings Advanced Menu, Click on "Enter flight data mode" you bird will show up as a new drive. Copy the applicable files to your computer, I periodically copy them all.

Can i do this if remote is saying no signal? I see the files but cant open them? What are you using to open the files

Not all buds on here, Some are just a/holes like me. Sometimes you have to be because there are a lot of stupid people doing stupid things with their Phantoms.

Well, I suppose it's all perspective here. I've learned a lot from both aholes and saints and wouldn't turn down a beer from either. Heh.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Reed L
The reason I suggested that perhaps your battery was separated from the housing had nothing to do with you not being intelligent..

Is it possible that the battery may not have been not fully snapped in? I had an experience with that on one occasion. It shook lose and I got a flashing power warning indication on the screen just before the motors shut off.

Just a reminder to everyone. Think twice before using words like moron, stupid, or idiot when you post. This guy had an unusual crash. Let's not immediately jump to conclusions about what happened. And let's certainly not be insulting about it.

Mal, you're swearing more than Bob Geldof which is impressive. And not allowed. Watch the language.

Only on-topic posts from here on in.

Can we say Dingbat? :D

Ummm...let me guess, your battery was separated from your P3 when you found it.

Sorry you lost your bird, but by my question you can imagine what I think the cause was.

You posted here about the battery like there is a epidemic with batteries being separated. The phantom was designed to become dislodged and separated from the aircraft at the time of a crash. These batteries are like mini bombs. Also crashes are almost guaranteed dead shorts, and should a battery stay connected the aircraft will become a melted mound of plastic in no time. Should you crash your aircraft and find the battery not separated, you should be concerned.

Well from my experience on the warranty, you would be up the creek. My second crash was with a bird I purchased from an online store that offered a policy that sounds very similar. However after the crash it was revealed that it only covers accidental damage. So if you crash into a brick wall at full throttle they will cover it. If the bird falls out of the sky, or in this case, spins around uncontrollably and crashes, the company will tell u it does not cover manufacturing defects.
Why do we have to be so cryptic? The name of retailer and the policy offered would be helpful to know. I'm considering a purchase and dronesetc offers a policy with the purchase as well. B&H offers square trade. I've heard conflicting options on extra policy coverage. We're consumers, we can name names to help each other. Thanks!

Really stumblebee? Again with the battery? What is this incessant need to keep bringing up batteries. Read the original post. The bird was fine then shot upward while spinning wildly. How would the battery cause this? And for like the 3rd or 4th time battery was still in bird, not dislodged. I don't know why this keeps getting brought up. You act as if all problems are battery related. It has many working parts, any of which could fail at any time. I just shipped mine back to DJI today so guess i will find out soon enough. Sorry if grammar and punctuation are not up to par, i dig holes for a living, guess im just stupid. Have a great day!!

Reactions: Mr.Spock
Really stumblebee? Again with the battery? What is this incessant need to keep bringing up batteries. Read the original post. The bird was fine then shot upward while spinning wildly. How would the battery cause this? And for like the 3rd or 4th time battery was still in bird, not dislodged. I don't know why this keeps getting brought up. You act as if all problems are battery related. It has many working parts, any of which could fail at any time. I just shipped mine back to DJI today so guess i will find out soon enough. Sorry if grammar and punctuation are not up to par, i dig holes for a living, guess im just stupid. Have a great day!!
I agree, this isn't a battery problem. It wouldn't have ascended with a battery failure, it would have immediately descended in that case. I think it's an ESC failure that was so bad that it discharged the battery super fast. In this case there should be traces of smoke on the inside of the plastic body, or possibly melted plastic near the main board which is where the ESC circuitry is now. These are only hunches based on the flight description.

You posted here about the battery like there is a epidemic with batteries being separated. The phantom was designed to become dislodged and separated from the aircraft at the time of a crash. These batteries are like mini bombs. Also crashes are almost guaranteed dead shorts, and should a battery stay connected the aircraft will become a melted mound of plastic in no time. Should you crash your aircraft and find the battery not separated, you should be concerned.
I have repeatedly posted that I know batteries can be ejected on impact. What you repeatedly fail to understand is that I think there is a possibility that some batteries are backing off from the contacts WHILE FLYING due to being improperly installed. This could certainly be a cause for random and totally inexplicable crashes.

The reason I suggested that perhaps your battery was separated from the housing had nothing to do with you not being intelligent. If you've been here a while you will find that many pilots report similar crash situations and then find the battery displaced. You stated that there were no previous symptoms, that suddenly your Phantom rose, spun and then the lights went out. Theorize what you will about compass or GPS problems, RF interference and software glitches, your lights went out! That tells me you had complete power loss at that point. Now what could have caused all those things?
See now why I posted what I did? You don't have to be a moron to not snap the battery the last 1/64th of an inch (1mm), or have the housing flex to a point where maybe the battery latch failed. Or maybe the battery shorted out. It's happened to some very intelligent pilots. Could've happened to you.
The battery is designed to separate on impact. That's supposed to happen. It's meant to help prevent fires in case of a crash. I don't understand why you're asking if the battery came out on impact. It's supposed to.

I have repeatedly posted that I know batteries can be ejected on impact. What you repeatedly fail to understand is that I think there is a possibility that some batteries are backing off from the contacts WHILE FLYING due to being improperly installed. This could certainly be a cause for random and totally inexplicable crashes.

I don't know about this. All of my P3 batteries are real hard to get out. I have pretty strong hands but these are still tough sometimes. It is real hard to believe a battery could come out in mid air by itself.
And who wouldn't make sure that their battery was seated all the way in properly prior to take off?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic