Fly away and smashed to hell

OK, warnings have been handed out... now if you didn't get one, but would like one, feel free to break any one of the forum guidelines. I am short of my monthly quota so it's a win-win situation. ;)

@Maxdroneomaha - thank you sir for taking the high road. I only wish more members here would do so.

The spinning implies to me that one ESC failed and turned one motor on full throttle, making it spin out of control and ascended from the full throttle on one motor, so much that it got to the point that eventually the ESC shorted somehow to suck so much power from battery that your lights went out from lack of power..... or the main board fried somehow in the process. These are however just guesses.

I purchased my phantom 3 from an authorized DJI retailer online and I also got an extended accidental protection through them, but I would have to pay a $200 deductible for every repair ticket requested. If God for bid something happens, do I send it in to DJI or the company I bought it from? Don't feel like paying a deductible you know?

Well from my experience on the warranty, you would be up the creek. My second crash was with a bird I purchased from an online store that offered a policy that sounds very similar. However after the crash it was revealed that it only covers accidental damage. So if you crash into a brick wall at full throttle they will cover it. If the bird falls out of the sky, or in this case, spins around uncontrollably and crashes, the company will tell u it does not cover manufacturing defects.

You are an intelligent god who puts us all to shame with your knowledge, StumbleBee. We quiver when you post because we know it will only lead to our humiliation, but, through it all, we will gain some knowledge.

That knowledge may be that some folk are a bit less secure than others and must point out other peoples' "assumed" flaws based on the hubris of one knowing only his or her experiences are valid, but we still learned something.

/ahhhh...I'm just hackin' on ya. We're all buds here. :)
Not all buds on here, Some are just a/holes like me. Sometimes you have to be because there are a lot of stupid people doing stupid things with their Phantoms.

How could it be battery when battery was in drone when i found it. Im just trying to get some help not a lecture. [edited to stay on topic]

Last edited by a moderator:
How could it be battery when battery was in drone when i found it. Im just trying to get some help not a lecture.
Can we start over? I was trying to be helpful. I honestly thought, and still do, that your battery failed you. I was never accusatory. I said that some very intelligent people and meant you as one of them, have had battery problems. IMHO your crash sounded like it lost power especially since at the end you lost your lights. Then other posters jump in who ratcheted up the conversation way out of control. So, what do you say?

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Reactions: AirMan
I'm not reading all this mess. So I might, but like I'm not, ask a question over again...

Were all 4 props still on the motors?

LOL, will do.

Maxdroneomaha: I know how you feel with having had your Phantom crash under mysterious circumstances. I'm sure you tried everything you could to save it but sometimes nothing we can do will override some internal defect.
Some members have mentioned in this thread and others that they experienced crashes like yours. Very often the only way to really find out the cause is to analyze the flight data recorder to look for some oddball signal or lack of the signal getting to the right spot. Sometimes the cause of a crash has been a bird strike, a broken prop, a motor failing, or even a motor pod completely breaking off. There have also been times when batteries have come loose and slipped away from the contacts.
Because it sounded to me like you first lost communication, followed by the bird maybe going into Failsafe Return mode (it shot up in the air), followed by your lights going out I thought maybe you were losing battery connection. Is there a possibility this happened to you? Was your battery still fully latched into place, moved back at all, or was it completely our of your Phantom?
We might be able to get to the bottom of this but having flight data information would go a long way in figuring it out.

Reactions: dirkclod
I will load flight data this evening if i can figure it out. Yes battery fully in place and all props and motors still attached

Reactions: dirkclod
Im just worried dji wont cover it. Cant afford to go buy new one going into my off season for work soon.

Im just worried dji wont cover it. Cant afford to go buy new one going into my off season for work soon.
No need to worry about something you have no control over Max . Just get that data and post it and we will hope for the best for you :)

Reactions: StumbleBee
How much damage did it suffer? Broken prop(s), broken gimble or camera, how's the flimsy camera flex cable? Have you tried to power it back up to see what happens? I don't mean try to fly it of course, I mean see if the lights will flash and if so what color and sequence?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik